The Weather Channel HD Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Why is there no ticker with current conditions, forecasts, etc. like on the SD version? Is this an issue with the TWC HD or with dish? Thanks!

Yeah and is it me or wasn't TWC supposed to go to HD in the studio this month? I looked at TWC today and If that's HD, That's SAD!

Oh and on a side note, the HVAC repair guy was repairing my outside unit and my Dish is on the side of my house above the HVAC unit. He was working on the unit and raised up and bashed his head right on the Dish. I cringed inside thinking. OMG its out of alignment. And then 5 min later, HE DID IT AGAIN!

I have no use for The Weather Channel, but I flipped through it yesterday and it looked fantastic. This was a studio shot. I don't know what you're looking at. Do they have two different studios?

And the graphics look amazing. I know that shouldn't be a big deal, but KPNX in Phoenix was the first channel to go to HD news in my area a couple years ago, and they still don't have HD weather graphics. A friend of mine is an engineer that helps stations switch to HD and he said the weather graphics are often one of the biggest hurdles.

Some of their shows are still produced in their old SD studio; usually the ones in the late morning/afternoon. It'd be nice to have a HD ticker on the bottom, however.

I have no use for The Weather Channel, but I flipped through it yesterday and it looked fantastic. This was a studio shot. I don't know what you're looking at. Do they have two different studios? As far as I know they do.

And the graphics look amazing. I know that shouldn't be a big deal, but KPNX in Phoenix was the first channel to go to HD news in my area a couple years ago, and they still don't have HD weather graphics. A friend of mine is an engineer that helps stations switch to HD and he said the weather graphics are often one of the biggest hurdles.
I like the graphics as well.

Dish actually pays people to downconvert HD content and to remove things like crawls and overlays instead of letting it run through untouched. Why someone would pay somebody to do something unnecessary is beyond me!

BTW, it's (barely) beyond Charlie too. It's TWC, not Dish.

Also, and this a issue with dish, there is no form of weather on the 8's with TWC HD, just on the SD version of TWC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts