The Weather Channel® And Dish Network® Launch Easier-than-ever Access To Weather Info

This is not the weather on the 8's that was promised a while back, its supposed to be better than this. I guess that was just another unfulfilled promise. Just look how long it took to get NBR to 501/508/510.

Read the thread..... It seems that NO ONE is getting it either.

And by the way, the software version doesn't apply to these "interactive" features. They can turn these on or off without software updates.

it appears that local weather is available three ways, if you press info while in interactive mode, it shows instructions for getting local weather 1. dish 100 2. channel 214 with interactive on upper left side which brings the same banner as the channel 100 version but faster. and 3 which is local on the 8s similar to cable. i get the first 2 with my 301.. looks like they are rolling out in phases????

Is the best Dish can do - Weather Crap that don't work!

THE WEATHER CHANNEL® AND DISH NETWORK® LAUNCH EASIER-THAN-EVER ACCESS TO WEATHER INFORMATION

“EchoStar is a company founded on innovation and as a leader in interactive television functionality, we are pleased to announce, in partnership with The Weather Channel, that we are making it easier for our valued customers to get the weather information they want, when they want it,” said Michael Kelly, executive vice president of Interactive Applications for EchoStar.

If this is the best E* can do for us HD subscribers, is to add crap like this instead of more programing; I will be out of E* once my NHL CI subscription expires in the spring!!

I was laying in bed last night and I was wondering what the weather was currently and for the next day, I remembered oh yeah the "instant weather" thing... well it didn't work. I ended going to dish home and then option2 which took me to the weather application... hardly "instant"

I just don't get how long it takes them to get stuff working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)