“The Wheel of Time” on Amazon Prime Video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana

This has already started showing on Prime Video, new Episodes on Friday. I never read the books as I hadn’t heard about them until this Amazon series was in production. One of my coworkers has read most of the books and so I am giving it a watch. There’s a lot to absorb but so far the show is pretty good. The special effects are well done.

Yeah, I don't understand a lot of the hate I've been hearing about this. Can we move past comparing every big-budget epic fantasy to Game of Thrones and enjoy it on its own merits? Can folks who read decades-old sci-fi/fantasy series get over expecting a nearly 1:1 visualization and retelling of the main story and characters? Every episode of Wheel of Time, as long as they are, has left me wanting more. I was especially impressed with the production design now that we've seen the White Tower. Or maybe I'm just too easy when a trillion-dollar company takes sci-fi/fantasy seriously enough to put on a production like this?

I watched the first episode, and part of the second.

So far it seems to be very close to "The Eye of the World" from when I read it back in the mid 90's.

The beginning of Winter's Heart (book 9) was a far as I ever read, as I got tired of the story going no where, and seemingly headed to no conclusion (a fear born out by the author dying before finishing the series).

So is it a good series to start watching or not? If this strike keeps going I'm going to need something to watch. So I need to know to put on my watch list r not.:help

I started watching, but my memory of S1 has faded and it made no sense to me whatsoever. Not gonna watch S1 again, so I will be passing on S2.

I was telling my coworker that what I like about this show so far is it isn’t just another Swords and Sorcery series, there is some original stuff. I never read the books, so I’m not disappointed with the characters versus the book. It’s keeping my interest and the episodes have been great.

Reactions: osu1991
This second season is thoroughly entertaining. Again, I didn’t read the books, so I’m approaching this from a different prospective than my coworker who read the series years ago.

This second season is thoroughly entertaining. Again, I didn’t read the books, so I’m approaching this from a different prospective than my coworker who read the series years ago.
Agreed.

A friend suggested I watch with the subtitles on and it's made a huge difference. It's so much easier because the subtitles literally say things like "indistinct muttering" so you don't have to wonder if you're missing something.

The storyline is trying to juggle too many balls for my brain to manage.

Violence and retribution/revenge seem to get much more attention than is necessary.

Finally, I'm not sure what the lesson is.

Star Wars? Marvel? Have you been watching “The Wheel of Time”? Now, that’s how you do a Season Finale!

I guess I am going to need to read these books now…

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts