“The Wheel of Time” on Amazon Prime Video

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana

This has already started showing on Prime Video, new Episodes on Friday. I never read the books as I hadn’t heard about them until this Amazon series was in production. One of my coworkers has read most of the books and so I am giving it a watch. There’s a lot to absorb but so far the show is pretty good. The special effects are well done.

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I am enjoying it. As per usual much better than critics thought.

Reactions: Zookster
Zookster

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
Yeah, I don't understand a lot of the hate I've been hearing about this. Can we move past comparing every big-budget epic fantasy to Game of Thrones and enjoy it on its own merits? Can folks who read decades-old sci-fi/fantasy series get over expecting a nearly 1:1 visualization and retelling of the main story and characters? Every episode of Wheel of Time, as long as they are, has left me wanting more. I was especially impressed with the production design now that we've seen the White Tower. Or maybe I'm just too easy when a trillion-dollar company takes sci-fi/fantasy seriously enough to put on a production like this?

Derwin0

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Griffin, GA
I watched the first episode, and part of the second.

So far it seems to be very close to "The Eye of the World" from when I read it back in the mid 90's.

The beginning of Winter's Heart (book 9) was a far as I ever read, as I got tired of the story going no where, and seemingly headed to no conclusion (a fear born out by the author dying before finishing the series).