The wife factor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Crakt, you're Canadian right? It's the Canadian girls that are the best! My wife while she doesn't "love" my hobby, she does her best to understand it...or at least tolerate it......she even helped me get my 10' dish mounted........that was before we were married....my advise, MARRY HER!! Nothing has changed......in fact it just keeps getting better.

i didnt mention that i have 2 beautiful kids from a previous relationship. she loves them too. when and if me and this woman have children i think itd be my choice to spend less time with dishes and more time with them. babies are better than dishes and twice as much work. haha. i wish every man could find a woman like her.

crackt out,.

Sounds like we have the same lady! But I beat you to the marriage thing so she's mine. :D
I too have a son from a previous relationship and can't wait for more!!

Sounds like we have the same lady! But I beat you to the marriage thing so she's mine. :D
I too have a son from a previous relationship and can't wait for more!!

haha. oh ill marry mine. she is really amazing. she just laughs at me and asks how she can help. i have 2 buds and a few motorized ku dishes that im putting up (the dish farm is always a work in progress). she likes to remind me that i still have room for more dishes but that i have to teach her how to use them. haha. she is a farm girl and she always says to me... "just imagine how many dishes you will be able to set up when we live on a farm." haha. i hope everyone can find someone as amazing as she is to me.

crackt out,.

the best she is

my wife found my first free 10' c-band dish,got me started looking around.
she's now helping dig the trenches for the wiring.
33 years now the best she is.

I heard a comment about the wife factor coming into play when choosing to add or upgrade a C Band dish, so with out getting into politics I have decided to take a public stance on this issue. :angel:

12 Foot C Band dish vs the Wife

hmm, lets see the C Band dish is reliable, does not talk back, provides hours of entertainment :eek: .

What more could a guy want?

Guess I better start packing her bags....

WOA!!! :eek:

If she reads this she'll be packing YOUR bags...

haha. oh ill marry mine. she is really amazing. she just laughs at me and asks how she can help. i have 2 buds and a few motorized ku dishes that im putting up (the dish farm is always a work in progress). she likes to remind me that i still have room for more dishes but that i have to teach her how to use them. haha. she is a farm girl and she always says to me... "just imagine how many dishes you will be able to set up when we live on a farm." haha. i hope everyone can find someone as amazing as she is to me.

crackt out,.

Another similarity. My wife is not a "farm girl" as such but we do have two horses and live in farm type area. We have neighbors across the road that have cows, we have horses and it's all only 10 minutes away from Wal-Mart!

Another similarity. My wife is not a "farm girl" as such but we do have two horses and live in farm type area. We have neighbors across the road that have cows, we have horses and it's all only 10 minutes away from Wal-Mart!

My wife was a farm girl - bareback rider, even slept on her horse while it grazed ( as a young pup!) She missed riding in a big parade when our oldest son was born. The doctors wife polished his saddle so he could make it!

She is learning to operate the receivers and now wants me to get more dishes hooked up, which I may get done soon as I now have a better inverter.

She also wants me to take the motorhome and trailer and go on more dish huinting expeditions.

I am BLESSED with the WIFE FACTOR!

Oh, yes, We have horses, cows and deer as neighbors (we see them more often than the humans) but the WalMart is over 70 miles away! Safeway, Rite Aide, Walgreens or Kroger/FredMeyer are only 50 miles away.

Thanks for sharing that Pop...........I hate when all I hear is "oh you just got married? just wait a few years, hehehe" . In my opinion, I waited long enough (36 when I finally married) that I knew I had the right one. And let me tell you, she is perfect!

Been married for close to 33 years and the wife support my hobby with no complaints. so she is definitely a keeper.LOL:D

well im 30 and i know my gf is the perfect woman for me. i had her helping me pull cable into the house tonight. haha. she wanted me to get my changes to the dish farm finished so she could watch some olympics. with her help everything is set for some couch time tomorrow night. her idea. haha. i really think if a persons significant other has issues with their hobbies they probly arent the one to have married. life is hard enuff without trying to share it with someone who doesnt agree with you.

i hope everyone has someone truly special to spend valentines with. you know you found the right one when your life is better for it not more difficult.

crackt out,.

life is hard enuff without trying to share it with someone who doesnt agree with you.

i hope everyone has someone truly special to spend valentines with. you know you found the right one when your life is better for it not more difficult.

crackt out,.

Well put, I couldn't have said it better.

Yes, to the hobby idea +++ a lot of other things. I failed to mention that my wife got here Ham ticket so we could talk easier - when I was at work or when we are driving in separate vehicles. Hers is a Tech. and mine is Extra, but that puts us both on 2M or .75M!

Hello
My wife is a keeper for sure! I have a 10ft c band I'm putting up this spring she has no problem with it and supports me with the whole FTA thing. Doesn't mind watching some things mostly news.
I love her for it.
Don

i really think if a persons significant other has issues with their hobbies they probly arent the one to have married. life is hard enuff without trying to share it with someone who doesnt agree with you.

I agree.

I used to work with a guy that was always saying stuff like - I have to try to talk my wife into letting me buy this, or if he bought it without asking(more like begging) his wife she'd kill him over little stuff that cost $100. He never said it as a joke. One year when he got his end of the year company profit sharing bonus money his wife had no problem buying an extravagant item for the house with it. I felt kinda sorry for him. :(

The one time he said his wife would NEVER go for $xx more per month to upgrade to faster internet service. I told him to tell his wife he'd get a job delivering newspapers after work to cover the extra cost. :) :rolleyes:

:up Let's Make A Deal Time came last week :up

As I stated in an earlier post in this thread, I knew my Wife was wanting something and I going to trade for me putting up another dish.

I put up a 40" X 30" Primestar yesterday. With a DG-380 HH and the LNB in the pictures. The LNB came off a Skyway USA one way Internet service dish. Working really good I'm picking all the KU S2 feeds that I can pickup with my 12" Dish. Right now I know it's tracking all satellites with KU feeds from 53.0°W to 125.0°W. I sure like the DG-380's speed. Wish HH on my 12' dish moved that fast.

As you can see from the pictures it's still a work in progress. Some bolts have not been installed and the LNB is held on with a bungee cord (the handyman's other secret weapon:D) until I can fabricate a mount

I'm holding another Let's Make A Deal in reserve for the next Dish;)

Attachments

• IMGP0606.JPG
    IMGP0606.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMGP0599.JPG
    IMGP0599.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMGP0600.JPG
    IMGP0600.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMGP0602.JPG
    IMGP0602.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMGP0604.JPG
    IMGP0604.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Lnb2.jpg
    Lnb2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 120
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts