The worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am the OP of this thread, as well as the creator of the blog. Doing what I have done is fine and perfectly legal. All I have done is told my story from start to finish and presented it as an example as to why Dish is a horrible company to deal with, thereby encouraging people to either cancel their account or not subscribing in the first place.

The goal of the blog isn't to "smear" the company. The word smear implies you are going to present lies.

My site is the same as protesters standing outside a KFC holding up signs that they are murderers. Some people will agree, some won't. But in the end, some won't walk into that KFC and spend their money, so those protesters accomplished their goal, no matter how small the impact may have been.

Again, if you have had a bad experience with Dish and want to share it, send it over to me and I'll post it on the site CANCEL DISH NETWORK

:hungry:

The word "smear" was not used by me, rather the poster who supported you above. That was my point. He said he smears E* all the time in front of his co-workers, I said he was wrong to suggest that you do the same in your blog.

Just make sure others who you encourage to join you on your blog do not smear E* openly:) You are responsible for your blog.

Using your own analogy, you can protest in front of a business, but you may not do so by asking another upset customer to help smash the windows with you:)

Holy run-on sentence, Batman department:

The main problem I see with dish is that they have a bunch of weasels who they pay to write confusing legal language which makes customers think they will get certain things if they sign up for a certain deal, but because it's written by weasels, in reality it means something completely different than any normal, rational, thinking person without degrees in law and marketing would understand it to mean.

But that is why I started the site... If I can put just a few people over the edge and get them to either cancel their account or not sign up at all, then I'll feel good.
I cancelled my account tonight and they charged me like $200 in early termination fees. You didn't mention that in your post here - so I'm sending you a bill for the fee. :mad:

Feel better now?

-----
Actually - I just had my neighbor over and told him the real scoop on the channel lineup and he's going to us my DishPass code to save some money on a new E* install and give me a credit on my bill! Horray! :D

I cancelled my account tonight and they charged me like $200 in early termination fees. You didn't mention that in your post here - so I'm sending you a bill for the fee. :mad:

Feel better now?

-----
Actually - I just had my neighbor over and told him the real scoop on the channel lineup and he's going to us my DishPass code to save some money on a new E* install and give me a credit on my bill! Horray! :D

Good luck getting your $50.00 credit. I've already gotten gotten about a dozen emails with complaints from people who never got their credits.

I look forward to your joining our community after you don't get yours :D

Good luck getting your $50.00 credit. I've already gotten gotten about a dozen emails with complaints from people who never got their credits.

I look forward to your joining our community after you don't get yours :D
I'm more interested in my neighbor saving a few bucks because he's so helpful with projects I do around the yard. If I get it, I'll be happy and it will about even out the EHD enabling fee I just committed to. There are a few stipulations and I can see where some people don't stick with it the right way to get the credit.

Are you feeling better yet?

When you get pissed at Direct here is a head start

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B3GGIC_enUS282US283&q=Direct+tv+sucks&btnG=Search]Direct tv sucks - Google Search[/ame]
Do the same search for Dish and you find more people in your mindset.

It basically boils down to the 80/20 rule in life. 80 percent will be happy and 20 percent won't.

If you had started this as a "Turbo Subscribers are getting a raw deal!" thread, you might have had some more sympathy. Instead you came out guns blazing against a defenseless CSR. This will not garner you sympathy.

CSRs generally do not have the up to the minute information that we do here on SatGuys. They are not always well informed. But it is not their fault. They can only relay what they have been told, or what they have been authorized to say.

A different approach would have made all the difference.

Very instructive thread. How NOT to approach a problem with a CSR......

People with Little lives start threads like these ,and File Dumb complaints like these.
Get a grip!:(
:up

1685886084_ddd3497b44.jpg

spaceball.gif

This thread has run on too long but I'd thought I'd say that while I don't think you were going to get what you were asking for anyway and that your approach made it even less likely, the CSR didn't handle it in the best way. But I have experienced FAR worse. If this is the worst you seen, you haven't seen much.

My 622's hard drive failed early monday morning so I called Dish Network got a woman who spoke english without accent (I never get the forieners for some reason). I played like I was a little ingorant about Dish Network affairs but I stayed as nice as possible.

When she started telling me that she was going to submit my issue to engineering and that it would take up to 2 days for me to see a difference and if I don't see a difference by then, to call back and they would send a replacement within 5 days, I complained about the length of time. I then asked if she could 'just send out a technician to look at it'. My reason for this request is that I've heard that Dish will send a refurbed 622 as a replacement but a technician, if he a unit on his truck, would replace it right there and it would most certainly be a new 722.

She made a point right then to say the technician would NOT replace my unit and I said that's OK as long as he can find fix and I don't have to wait a week for a DVR. She then told me that since I was not on the protection plan that I'd have to pay the call out fee. I told her to never mind and just submit it to engineering.

She then proceeded to go that route, asking for pertinent info and telling me about the time involved in which case as politely complained abou it again. She again said she could send out technicition (her suggestion this time) but I said the time diffenerence wasn't worth the call out fee, particularly if he can't fix it and I have to wait on a replacement anyway (I knew he can't fix a hard drive and I knew that was the problem). She then said she'd wave the call out fee as a one time complimentary service (again, her suggestion). I said, great, lets do that.

The tech guy came this morning at 8 o'clock, less that 24 hours after I had called. Looked at the unit for about 30 seconds and said, 'your hard drive has failed, le me see if I have another in the truck'. He brought a new 722 in from his truck, told me this was an upgrade but there would be no charge. :)

Again, what you were asking for, I don't think anything would have worked. But with screwed up companies like this where you're likely to know more about the company than the employees, I think you're MUCH more likely to get what you want if you play stupid (so that you don't embarass them), be nice (they're more likely to WANT to help you), and know enough to ask the RIGHT questions without seeming like you're just playing stupid.

@OP-

You are responsible for your blog. I was over there a while ago and you have people talking about hacking. You should do some monitoring.

He's got one whacked Hacker and two "playpals". Yep, that blog is a real barn burner.;););)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)