The YouTube TV Thread

Had an issue tonight where YTTV decided to record all my evening shows as if I was in Colorado Springs, and then wouldn't play back the recordings. I got a code when I tried to play back a show which I reported, but it kind of sucks that that I have shows I cannot watch now. Luckily, I have what is important on my Recast, but that is no guarantee.

I had an issue yesterday also with playback on one of the few political shows I record called "The Five" just wouldn't play, wasn't getting any code, however, later on, tried it and program played fine. Odd never happened before.

I think my issue was due to the whole "have to login with your mobile device every 3 months" or whatever it is. YTTV didn't have a location listed for me, and I almost never use it on my phone.

Reactions: TheKrell
I still don't have the option with the ellipses next to my episodes to mark them as "watched" - when will this be rolled out to everyone?

Second question: How do I know the air date of an episode in my library? On both cable and Dish, I simply hit the "Info" button on an episode and it gives me the original air date.

Reactions: schneid
I still don't have the option with the ellipses next to my episodes to mark them as "watched" - when will this be rolled out to everyone?

Second question: How do I know the air date of an episode in my library? On both cable and Dish, I simply hit the "Info" button on an episode and it gives me the original air date.

DITTO!

It shows up for me on my iPhone, iPad and Chrome browser to mark as watched. It doesn't show the air date, but it does say how many days, weeks, months ago the episode was recorded.

Yeah, looking at my TV, iPhone, and Chrome browser, all I get is the down arrow that gives a synopsis of the episode. I do see when recorded but that's not really relevant to when the show was recorded (e.g. an episode could be recorded last night but be a re-run) - I'm surprised they don't included that info as I don't know another provider who does not.

Yeah, looking at my TV, iPhone, and Chrome browser, all I get is the down arrow that gives a synopsis of the episode. I do see when recorded but that's not really relevant to when the show was recorded (e.g. an episode could be recorded last night but be a re-run) - I'm surprised they don't included that info as I don't know another provider who does not.
You don't see the three dots next to each episode?

IMG_0987.PNG

I don't have the ability to mark episodes as watched yet either.

To determine the original air date, I just look for the date of the first recorded instance in my Library. For most shows, what matters to me is whether I watched it and the episode number. I've just gotten used to using YTTV more like I use Netflix. Air dates become moot, except for maybe daily news shows and those are easy enough to track. They even get organized by week. This is a PC browser screenshot:
PBS-Newshour-YTTV-screenshot.png

In time for people in stay-at-home mode, YouTube TV appears to be rolling out a tweak to its forced four-hour auto-shutoff of the app when left unattended (i.e., no remote input). You now can switch to 24 hours. So far I've only seen this on my Roku Premiere+ (4630) and not on any other devices or even my other Roku (4640).

Attachments

• AutoPause_Roku4630.jpg
    AutoPause_Roku4630.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 138
  • AutoPauseOptionsRoku4630.jpg
    AutoPauseOptionsRoku4630.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 135
Wouldn't it be nice if all premiums did something as honorable as Epic instead of taking advantage of the situation especially the low lifes price gouging with necessities like toilet paper and hand sanitizer?

Reactions: TheKrell
Wouldn't it be nice if all premiums did something as honorable as Epic instead of taking advantage of the situation especially the low lifes price gouging with necessities like toilet paper and hand sanitizer?

I'm sure YouTube TV made it worth their while. With that said, Showtime is offering 30 days free through their website and Amazon Channels, and CBS All Access is handing out free months like candy.

OK, this is really frustrating. I started up YTTV on my laptop, and a splash screen came up saying I now had the option to mark episodes as "watched." Finally! However - I do NOT have that option. I still have just the down arrow and no ellipses to mark anything watched. Checked on my iPhone, same thing. Why would it tell me I have the option when I don't??

AND unlike every other service I have, there doesn't seem to be any customer service contact info of any kind?

EDIT - I did find a contact us email form, we'll see if I get a reply that is not a form "see this help".

I did get a reply from YTTV support on why I'm not getting the Mark as Watched option on my laptop computer or iPhone even though I got a splash screen saying I now have it.

The recommendation? Make sure my WiFi connection is good. Reboot my router. Make sure too many devices aren't connected to the WiFi.

It had a name attached to it but I can't believe anyone actually read the email I sent and thought about it before replying. Ah well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts