What is going on with Sling and new UI

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Sling and Firestick problems
Last night 2 out of 3 Firesticks (4K) started to want an update.
It is a message box and not anything you can click on, then it stopped working all together.
Cleared cache and data along with reboot, same.
Tried to sideload update, no change.
Tried to install March 21 version, same.
Then tried earlier version, it has the ability to click on update, but stops and says app not found.
Gave up. Ironically, one non 4K is fine along with laptop.
Any ideas

Got it fixed after returning one to factory defaults still did not work. Installed a version from last december and it worked.
Thanks again Mike for your input

Got it fixed after returning one to factory defaults still did not work. Installed a version from last december and it worked.
Thanks again Mike for your input
Your welcome. I have Sling tv and had DISH for 25 years till last December, so any time I can help I try.

Mike - ah the good old Dish days when you had to put $500 upfront just watch tv. Buy the dish and receiver for $200 and pay $300 for a years programming (I think about 40 channels).
My first system after moving out of my parents place (who sill had a BUD)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I remember going to a retailer back in January of 97 and looking at the DISH satellite receivers.

I paid full price for the two receivers and they came out and installed them on what was my Prime Star satellite pole. We got DISH after an ice storm that caused our power to fluctuate and go out and my Prime star box went up in smoke, literally . Prime Star sent a guy out to replace the receiver and he told me that DISH network was very new and it was cheaper and they had the Superstations since we couldn't get Star trek Voyager in our area anymore. I said I would go look at the receiver and setup in town and we changed out to DISH instead of staying with Prime Star. We only had Prime Star about a year before the switch to DISH.

I remember that you had to wait for the information to down load on ALL shows. That little sat signal download image came up and flashed till the screen filled in. The first biggest change was getting the DISH Player/ Web tv dvr in 99. That started as a good thing then DISH and Microsoft started fighting and then it was RMA city, sending old boxes back to get a replacement. When name based recording came out I was in heaven. Have owned all my receivers going back to 97 and had 3 accounts for most of that time for my parents, aunt and our selves till last December.

Going with Streaming like Sling tv last summer was a new experience and I have already had to replace the Air tv anywhere 4 tuner device after 6 months due to malfunctions. Luckily Air tv replaced it since it was under a year. Still feel like I am with DISH either way since both companies are still owned by DISH Network.

i am also with dish for 23 years,…i want to leave…..i have the trial of sling and i like it…..do you think sling will improve the quality of their streams and do you think they will update their guide and guide ino? thanks

i am also with dish for 23 years,…i want to leave…..i have the trial of sling and i like it…..do you think sling will improve the quality of their streams and do you think they will update their guide and guide ino? thanks
I have no idea when but they did make a substantial improvements for me a few months back when that gave us a uniform home screen and you could go down the line on the left to look at settings, recordings, guide. This was much easier to use than before. But they are always looking at making improvements so another improved guide could be in the future I hope.

Mike - ah the good old Dish days when you had to put $500 upfront just watch tv. Buy the dish and receiver for $200 and pay $300 for a years programming (I think about 40 channels).
My first system after moving out of my parents place (who sill had a BUD)
I installed my BUD in 1985 (Which I am trying to get rid of it now), and bought and installed Dish in 1999. It cost me $49.95, I installed it and called to have it activated. I think I had about 30 channels, E& W Networks. I think it was $19.99 a month, if I remember right. I added the Super Stations. That is one reason I went with Dish.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I installed my BUD in 1985 (Which I am trying to get rid of it now), and bought and installed Dish in 1999. It cost me $49.95, I installed it and called to have it activated. I think I had about 30 channels, E& W Networks. I think it was $19.99 a month, if I remember right. I added the Super Stations. That is one reason I went with Dish.
Me too. DISH had all the superstations and East and West coast locals. When Star Trek Voyager premiered it was on my local CBS station. When they stopped showing it I heard it was avialable on Superstations so I dropped Primestar in 97 and went with DISH. I Love me some Star Trek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts