WHAT IS GOING TO BE THE FUTURE OF SUBCHANNELS ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The sub-channels buy the syndication/rerun rights. It is generally more lucrative for a company to sell the syndication rights than it is to run a network with all the headaches involved and buy their own rerun rights (yes, they would have to buy their own programs to reair), find advertisers, get distribution.
Nick at Nite/TV Land could buy any programs they like. They are owned by Viacomm/CBS and could buy whatever syndication rights they want. They choose to play back what they play back because according to their marketing department, they get more viewers and make more money. Just that simple.
It's no wonder TV Land turned its back on its original premise.

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk.

That is a lot of TiVo power...

I can thank Dish for that. Not providing guide info for all locals and subchannels pushed me over the edge, along with the PalDvr my mom was using at my lake house was starting to have some problems.

I bought a Roamio Basic for her and liked it so much, I bought one for myself. Then I thought my Dad would like one for our Condo in Vegas, which has a PalDvr and we use sling on WDTV's back to our Dish receivers in Oklahoma when one of us is out there, so I bought another one on sale. Well he liked it so much he wanted another one for his house here and I was lucky to catch the $299 lifetime included sale on the Roamio OTA. Now throw in 2 mini's for my home and a mini for Las Vegas along with a Tivo stream for my dad and stepmom and you can see I have a Tivo addiction now and Dish is hanging on with a very very thin cable.

As long as they keep offering me discounts to stay, my one remaining Dish account will remain for the 3 shows I watch on cable along with college football and some Nascar, plus after 17 years I still like Dish and the channel groupings better than Cox or Directv.

With Tivo adding Plex support this past week, I added Plex server to my setup running off my NAS. So now I can access everything off my NAS on the Tivo without switching to another device.

I wish having ZUUS Country & Heartland TV both Music programming brings to Portland OR's sub channels on any Portland TV Marketing! I do not know which if they accept or whatever on their making decision. Any developing news of add sub channels in Portland TV Marketing as upgrades, construction TV station, Broadcasting expansion, and other events in Portland, OR so let me know? Smile!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts