The YouTube TV Thread

Tennis Channel is a must-have channel for me. I watch it almost every day when there are live tournaments. I'd say I'll look into FuboTV and Sling, which still have it. But FuboTV lacks the TimeWarner channels (TBS, TNT, CNN), and Sling lacks locals (OTA is not an option for me). Also, last time I trialed Sling a few months ago, I found the PQ barely watchable (certainly not something I would pay money for). Also, if I was going to pay more to get less with these other services, I'd at least want my RSN, which YTTV, Sling, and Fubo have all dropped. Not to mention, it's probably only a matter of time before the Tennis Channel contract comes up for Sling and FuboTV, and given their failed negotiations with Sinclair over the RSNs, I wouldn't expect a better outcome for the Sinclair-owned Tennis Channel.

I got an email from FUBOTV advising me why they were dropping Time Warner channels. It had to do with a big rate hike combined with their viewer data that said the channels were not viewed by most of their subscribers. They wouldn't budge so the negotiations fell apart. I don't miss CNN because if I wanted a Democrat slant to my news, I still have MSNBC. Mostly I prefer CNBC which is financial and covers news that affects the markets. If FUBO ever drops CNBC, I'll be searching for a new provider too.

I got an email from FUBOTV advising me why they were dropping Time Warner channels. It had to do with a big rate hike combined with their viewer data that said the channels were not viewed by most of their subscribers. They wouldn't budge so the negotiations fell apart. I don't miss CNN because if I wanted a Democrat slant to my news, I still have MSNBC. Mostly I prefer CNBC which is financial and covers news that affects the markets. If FUBO ever drops CNBC, I'll be searching for a new provider too.
For me the biggest loss with Time Warner channels would be the sports carried on TNT and TBS. Without my RSN, I would need all the options to catch my NBA and MLB teams' games I can get. They also carry a lot of the March Madness games.

For me the biggest loss with Time Warner channels would be the sports carried on TNT and TBS. Without my RSN, I would need all the options to catch my NBA and MLB teams' games I can get. They also carry a lot of the March Madness games.
Same here. I was about to switch to FuboTV but once they removed TBS and TNT, it was a no no for me.

I got a promo offer to try YouTube TV for 3 weeks. I don’t think I’ll be signing up because of all the dropped channels...

I could be wrong on this as I don't follow sports like I used to. I haven't watched a single NFL game this year. But as for Sports channels on FUBO TV, I recall that was a separate add-on package anyway.

I could be wrong on this as I don't follow sports like I used to. I haven't watched a single NFL game this year. But as for Sports channels on FUBO TV, I recall that was a separate add-on package anyway.
Most of the live TV streaming services have a separate tier for the niche (sport-specific) sports channels. FuboTV did just announce, however, it's moving MLB, NBA, and NHL channels into the basic tier for anyone who's had the service since before Aug. 31.

Most of the live TV streaming services have a separate tier for the niche (sport-specific) sports channels. FuboTV did just announce, however, it's moving MLB, NBA, and NHL channels into the basic tier for anyone who's had the service since before Aug. 31.
Thanks for the heads up but it will be wasted on me.

Yeah, started seeing this on FireTV. Not on AppleTV yet.
I guess I might add it must wonderful for people with young children or light sleepers. People all snug in their beds and YTTV beating drums in the house. It might make a a really annoying ringtone too. Who dreams this stuff up and why would anyone find it appealing or useful?

• Haha
Reactions: ncted
A new add-on has been announced. I hate that they are tying quality (4K) to number of streams, which I don't need, like Netflix does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)