There is no need to contact us, we are trying to restore..

bxl4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Bainbridge Island, WA
I am getting this blue screen backed error message pretty frequently now and am wondering just where the problem really lies. I _think_ that I have either flaky lnbs or los problems do to tree growth but this error message makes me wonder if it is something with the spot beam feeding the Seattle area. Can anyone illuminate me?

Given that my dish is about 9 years old, I'm upgrading to a 1000.2 anyway, but I would still like to better understand what my TV is telling me.

Thanks to all for your wisdom.

Bill

Meaning that the screen is generated from within the box and NOT sent on any Dish sats/channels.

This screen will appear even if it is problem at Dish for just a moment, but the box will NOT return to the restored signal: you have to change channels, then change back to the original channel and the picture returns.

This screen can be generated for a variety of problems including loose connections, bad multi-switches, poor/incorrect cable quality, just about anything that can affect the signal from Dish's uplink to the separator to, you name it.

Contact Dish, and they can access your STB Health.

Pittsburgh backhaul failures generate that screen. Know its local issue since it effected ALL LIL.....

Went away after awhile

The message is misleading and very annoying!!
When viewing(or recording) a "E" local channel and your receiver loses signal, that screen comes from your receiver and won't go away till you change channel.
I've lost whole shows while recording even though it might have only lost signal from a storm for a few minutes because of this idiotic screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts