These random software updates are making me really MAD.

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
[Rant mode on]

Last night between 8PM and 10PM (CDT) my H3 was recording two or more programs all the time. However, Dish seemed focused on updating the H3 and flashed the update warning screen over and over. Missing the warning would have resulted in interrupted recordings of two or three programs.

If the programmers are committed to ignoring the requested update time (3AM) and updating whenever they please, would it be impossible to just lock out prime time? I understand complaining will do no good but it makes me feel better.

[Rant mode off]

Had the same thing happen to me on Saturday at 11 a.m. on my H3. Was not recording anything but was like, what changed, my setting to check has always been the default of 3:00 a.m.???

Had the same thing happen to me on Saturday at 11 a.m. on my H3. Was not recording anything but was like, what changed, my setting to check has always been the default of 3:00 a.m.???
I have the same thing going on every single day at 8:30 am, and if I don't tell it no don't because I am doing something? Well then pow...So I tried a modified reset to factor settings twice now with no affect. Verified that I was set for 2 am in the morning for any update or guide update. I had done the support chat and this is what they suggested for me to do? Do you have any suggestions of what else I could do, have to admit that I am getting sick of this....

Tell me again why I should give up my red LED?
Or my 722?

The other night I had insomnia and was up watching tv at 4am when the popup came up saying the receiver was about to shut down to do updates. A simple "cancel" push and I was back to watching tv. If I had a recording set for that time, it wouldn't have been interrupted.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)