They Zapped My Programming

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
About 30 Min. ago Dish Network removed all my programming. Called Dish and was on hold 15 min. A CSR told me that this was done because of an incorrect mailing address. WTF. I politley told her that they have had the same mailing address ever since I was a customer over 3 years. She then asked for my address and I told her. She then told me that it had been an internal problem and that my programing would be back in about 15 min. I now have most of my programming minus my locals. I will have to calll back again. I did ask her what internal problem they had and she replied, I don't know sir. Will update this thread after I call Back.

Ok............. Finally after the second call I have my local channels back. I have ten guests over here to watch a local basketball game with my family. This Lady although very polite makes me go through the whole system set up BULL %$#@! This is not the first time I have had guests over at my house and they have screwed up. The first time they cut the last 5 min. off of the last football game of the season for my old local college. This happened to everybody with Dish in the Columbia area. This woman would not tell me what happened when asked she just said that she was very sorry. This stinks. I pay my bill on time and all my receivers are hooked to my home phone line. WTF

must be the Columbia area, never happened to my stuff. Never had it shut off nor programming cut.

Oh well game over. I would better understand if I was late on my bill or my receivers were not connected to a phone line. Hell I'm on auto pay. Have been for two years. I pay over 120 dollars a month for my service. This kind of thing makes me want to go back to cable. Never had those problems with cable. (TWC) Ahhhh I'm not going anywhere, YET. Exec. office will here from me again though. Some of my friends here now were here when they cut the football game off early Columbia area wide. They tell me that there is no way they would leave cable for this mess. (I had to leave out a few very colorful words they used describing Dish Network) Well better get back to my guests. Thanks Guys letting me fuss and vent a little.

Last edited:
This warrants 1 month's free service.

I think the call to EO is a good start. Be courteous, though. Explain that you don't pay for programming by the minute, but rather expect it to be there when you want it, uninterrupted. Also explain the hoops you had to go through to get your locals turned back on. These kinds of things should be fluid and effortless.

120inna55 said:
This warrants 1 month's free service.

I think the call to EO is a good start. Be courteous, though. Explain that you don't pay for programming by the minute, but rather expect it to be there when you want it, uninterrupted. Also explain the hoops you had to go through to get your locals turned back on. These kinds of things should be fluid and effortless.
I totally agree. I have a very helpful EO CSR that I have dealt with over the years I can call on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)