Status
Not open for further replies.

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Hi all,

First time posting in the Chit Chat Club, but I have posted a lot in the Dish Network area. This weekend, we are going to my dad's College Graduation (he got his Bachelor's in Business Administration with a 4.0 GPA) and we are looking for some cool things to do while in Minneapolis.

Here is some of our plans:

• We will be leaving Michigan at Midnight Thursday (we will arrive in Minneapolis on Friday Morning).
  • Friday we will get into the hotel and check out the Mall of America (look at the amusement park, Lego, the Underwater Adventures, etc.)
  • Saturday is designated for Graduation stuff (ceremony is at 1:30 and there is a picnic that evening) followed by Fireworks Saturday Evening
  • Monday morning we will leave to head back to Michigan
Here is what we desire:

We are looking for things to do that are cool (and relatively inexpensive). There will be my parents (mid-fifties), my self and younger brother (33 and 31 years old) and my brothers kids (six and eight years old). Any suggestions of things that we could do in Minneapolis or the surrounding areas would be greatly appreciated.

As mentioned, we will be leaving late Thursday (early Friday) so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Geoff

Mall of America!

Never mind, you already said that. That is all i know of. Go and look at collapsed bridge?

Mall of America!

Never mind, you already said that. That is all i know of. Go and look at collapsed bridge?
We had already planned to look at the bridge. Then when we mapped out one of the routes we need for in Minneapolis, the map program I have on the computer wanted to route us across the bridge (it even had that part of the route in Red signifying that it is closed).

Thanks for the thoughts though,
Geoff

I have always heard that Matt's Bar has really good brugers - deep fried with cheese in the middle. It might be in St Paul - not sure.

A fun little place thats easy to get to is the Chatterbox Pub.

The Chatterbox Pub

Great food and atmosphere and a large section is filled with couches, each couch comes with a Nintendo NES, Sega Genesis or Atari 2600 system in front of it :)

Como park & zoo is free.

There is a gameworks downtown, that you can reach with light rail from the megamall. Mill City museum and metrodome also on line.

There is a Famous Dave's at Calhoun Square in uptown that has a blues brunch on Sunday morning.

Excellent science museum in St. Paul.

Minnesota Zoo in Apple Valley.

If you get a babysitter for the kiddies, let the parents crash, then take your brother and go check a place called The Seville Club down near the arena ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)