Think my HDMI quit working

craig559

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
I have had my 922 since the 14th of June and love it. Last night I could get no picture or sound when using the HDMI connection. I tryed the connection on the TV using a PS3 and it works fine. I have tryed a soft reboot and unplugging the reciever for 10 minutes and it still will not work. I am now using the component set up and all is good, but I would really like my HDMI back, any suggestions or will I need a replacement. THANX

I had the same issue a few weeks ago with my HDMI setup. I lost all picture and sound to the TV. So, what I did is unplug the HDMI cable from the HDMI 1 port on the TV and plugged it into the HDMI 2 port on the TV to see if I could replicate the problem on a different input. Then I used a different HDMI cable and found out that I had a bad HDMI cable. I also tried the bad cable on a different TV that I knew was working to validate that it was indeed a bad HDMI cable. It might just be a bad cable. It is easy to troubleshoot and the least expensive to fix. Try that first.

Well after a couple of tech chats and going thru there procedures to fix my HDMI plug I have a replacement coming. The tech seemed a little surprised after researching a fix a couple of times. Would it also have been part to check the HDMI test on the reciever and look at the results which I did and see that things were reading differantly when it was working, I do not know why the HDMI test is in the reciever software if it is no good?? Anyway problem taken care of and I am happy