Think my Vip622 might be done. Need advice on external drive.

Heterocidal

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
So this started around a week ago. About twice a day (at least) I have to reboot my 622 by holding the power button because I get no video, only audio. Any idea what may be the cause? If I get a replacement 622 will all my shows I have saved on my external drive be able to be viewed once I connect it to the new 622? Has anyone tried this? I'm real hesitant to replace my 622 if I'm not going to be able to view the shows I have saved on my external drive.

I just replaced my 622 with a 722 and was able to start using the EHD with it right away, I didnt have to call dish except to activate the 722.

So this started around a week ago. About twice a day (at least) I have to reboot my 622 by holding the power button because I get no video, only audio. Any idea what may be the cause? If I get a replacement 622 will all my shows I have saved on my external drive be able to be viewed once I connect it to the new 622? Has anyone tried this? I'm real hesitant to replace my 622 if I'm not going to be able to view the shows I have saved on my external drive.
I had the same problems with my 622, had it replaced and have had no problems since. Your ehd should work fine with a new box.

Well I'm glad it looks like I will be able to keep my shows on the EHD with the new box. It's not an HDMI problem because I tried switching the cable, and then using component, both yielded no changes. I think my replacement box is getting here today. I'm crossing my fingers everything goes smoothly.

I got my replacement receiver, everything running smooth so far except for one thing. I have A LOT of shows on my EHD but now when I acess it, all the shows are in random order making finding a specific episode time consuming. Is this something I can fix manually? Or maybe it will do it on its own with the nightly update. Any thoughts?

I got my replacement receiver, everything running smooth so far except for one thing. I have A LOT of shows on my EHD but now when I acess it, all the shows are in random order making finding a specific episode time consuming. Is this something I can fix manually? Or maybe it will do it on its own with the nightly update. Any thoughts?
It's been reported that when you sort the shows by name or date on the internal drive, if an external drive is connected, it will get the same sort. It worked this way on my 622 (though the EHD has only been on that particular DVR since day one.)

As long as you have activated an External Hard Drive (EHD) through Dish then you will have no trouble with the recordings on your EHD. Your new receiver will reconize the EHD as one that is not set up for that receiver and will ask you if you wish to do so. Remember though, you cannot willy nilly move recordings around. I believe you are limited to moving your recordings between receivers three times. Not sure though. Hope all works for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts