Thinking about AEP...but need to verify some things.

bigthrust

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
I am thinking about moving up to AEP. I am trying to verify a few things:

Does AEP include DVR fees?
Does AEP include locals?
If AEP does NOT include locals do I HAVE to subscribe to locals?

I currently have:

DVR advantage $49.99
upgraded to AT250 $10.00
2 premiums $20.00
DishHD $20.00
equipment fee $6.00
older service contract $5.00

I pay $110.99 + VA tax

I have a 622, 211 and a 311

Any help would be appreciated.

The DVR fees is waived on your 622.

Does AEP include locals?
No, it's $5.00 more so you're looking at $94.99 with locals.

No you don't.

You're looking at $120.99 + VA tax with AEP and the HD package.

AEP does not include locals, and does not include the Multi-Sport package. You don't have to sub to Dish locals, but if you do, you'll also get HD locals (big 4 networks), if they're available for your DMA.

The DVR fees is waived on your 622.

Does AEP include locals?
No, it's $5.00 more so you're looking at $94.99 with locals.

No you don't.

You're looking at $120.99 + VA tax with AEP and the HD package.

Heck, for $10 more a month, it may be worth it.

AEP does not include locals, and does not include the Multi-Sport package. You don't have to sub to Dish locals, but if you do, you'll also get HD locals (big 4 networks), if they're available for your DMA.

I get 1 OTA local that is HD. Unfortunately Dish does not offer locals in HD in my area.

Not that it would sway me one way or the other, but this is often overlooked:

America's Everything Pack includes NBA TV. AT250 does not.

Also AEP includes ALLLLL DVR fees so if you have more than one DVR that could be a savings depending on packages.

See ya
Tony

"Also AEP includes ALLLLL DVR fees so if you have more than one DVR that could be a savings depending on packages."

That's something that I've never been able to get a straight answer. Some people do get it on all DVRs, some others only on one. In his case, he only has one so I'm pretty sure he will get it waived. I just switched to AEP last Friday and they told me that it will be waived but I only have one DVR with fees and a 501 and a 508.

"America's Everything Pack includes NBA TV. AT250 does not."

That was a pleasant surprise for me. If I would've known, I would've switched long time ago. :)

Yes, all the info in previous posts are correct. All DVR fees for all DVR's on your account are waived. And, yes, AEP includes all the specialty national sports channels, and your regionals. Simply put, it is all of 250 plus all the premium movie channels, and most a la cartes such as Blomberg TV. However, some channels such as the Baby channel are exclusively a la carte extra.

I am not sure what you mean by specialty natioanl sports channels but NBA TV is the only sports station you get that is not part of the AT 20. You do not for instance get out of market RSNs

"Also AEP includes ALLLLL DVR fees so if you have more than one DVR that could be a savings depending on packages."

That's something that I've never been able to get a straight answer. Some people do get it on all DVRs, some others only on one. In his case, he only has one so I'm pretty sure he will get it waived. I just switched to AEP last Friday and they told me that it will be waived but I only have one DVR with fees and a 501 and a 508.

"America's Everything Pack includes NBA TV. AT250 does not."

That was a pleasant surprise for me. If I would've known, I would've switched long time ago. :)

I get charged $6 (mirror fee or something) for 2nd 622 which I bought, I think if DISH would have leased two vip 622 to me, their would have been a $6 lease charge instead. If there was no $6 (mirror fee) for owned 2nd recever then DISH would be free for that receiver, so I guess they have to charge something. Best to lease both DVR's if they let you.

Yes that is correct. Mirror fees are never waived. They could be called lease fees but they are always there.

Just to make the previous posts about AEP more understandable....

America's Everything Pack includes the following:

- All the channels in the America's Top 250. (There are no HD channels in this package**)

- All the channels in HBO (Including HD*)

- All the channels in Showtime (Including HD*)

- All the channels in Cinemax (Including HD*)

- All the channels in Starz (Including HD*)

- NBA TV

- All DVR Fees on the account are waived.

------------

That is all....

*HD channels require minimum of an HD receiver + HD enabling fee.
----HD Pack will waive the HD enabling fee.
**National Geographic HD is included in the HD package only if you also have AT250 or AEP

There...clear as mud. :)

See ya
Tony

Everybody asks that question..."if I have AEP does all DVR fee's get waived, or only one".....THEY ALL DO!!!

Thanks everyone for your input. It looks like I may just go ahead and go back to AEP since it really is a good deal and gives me all that want and more.

I get charged $6 (mirror fee or something) for 2nd 622 which I bought, I think if DISH would have leased two vip 622 to me, their would have been a $6 lease charge instead. If there was no $6 (mirror fee) for owned 2nd recever then DISH would be free for that receiver, so I guess they have to charge something. Best to lease both DVR's if they let you.

There is no such thing as a mirror fee. All hd receivers usually have a 6$ hd lease fee or 6$ hd add'l outlet fee assessed per receiver unless it was the primary receiver at install.

Nice thread. I just added up my programming package and it will be $10.05 more for the AEP. Very tempting as it would add all the movie packages to compliment HBO, which I already have.

For me adding AEP was like $9.00 more and I got Showtime and Cinemax and NBATV. Since I'm with AT&T, I lowered my long distance plan (since we don't really use all the minutes) by $7.00. In the end my bill will go up $2.00. :)

There is no such thing as a mirror fee. All hd receivers usually have a 6$ hd lease fee or 6$ hd add'l outlet fee assessed per receiver unless it was the primary receiver at install.

All receivers after the first one of any kind have a $5.00 additional access fee per receiver, often called a mirror fee. Call it what you will, that fee always exists for additional receivers with any package, it is not waived.

We upped ours to the AEP since I ordered a 622 to replace the 211 we had. This will make 2 DVRs on our account.

Figured it was worth it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts