thinking about downgrading a receiver

Pretty sure there would be a commitment. Dish considers any receiver change an upgrade. IIRC there is no monthly cost difference between a 722 vs a 612 so there would be no advantage to even mess with it.

IIRC there is no monthly cost difference between a 722 vs a 612 so there would be no advantage to even mess with it.

If its the only receiver on the account then no.If there are say 2 722/622/625 then yes there would be a difference in price of $7 per month less.

The downgrade is not worth the savings. The 612 is a very unreliable receiver. I actually had to swap a 612 out with a 722K and when I did all of the annoying bugs and problems went away. You could always put the 722 in Single Mode if you are using it on just one TV.

I have read that other people had issues in the past with the 612 receivers. Maybe it depends on certain functionality used or the amount of time it is used or certain factors. Seems to be software issues.

Got a 612 and besides smaller hdd and no pip and second tv out it does everything that the 722 does.Saves $84 per yr plus tax so definitely worth it imo.

you make it sound good ;)

Not trying to sell you on a 612 just stating my personal experiences.Had the 612 for over a yr and its been very stable.Now it was new in the box.In that same time actually less been through 3 622's.All of them were refurbished though.The 612 isn't perfect it does have a few bugs but since the last software update its been very good.