thinking about upgrading to 211

ww2154

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I have the 811 an I am thinking about upgrading to the 211. I was wondering if those that have upgraded are happy with the 211 and do they watch the voom channels.

You'll need another dish pointed at 129 or 61.5 to get ESPN2 HD, Universal HD, all VOOM and your HD locals. You don't specify your location. The 129 doesn't spray enough signal into the northeast, south Texas and Florida, so you'd need 61.5 in those areas. I can see 129 from here but there isn't enough signal.

Up to you..

Whether or not the upgrade to the 211 is worth it is up to you. You need to decide if the additional programming is "compelling" (to steal charlies phrase) enough for your viewing habits. The 211 is a nice little box and provides a great picture over HDMI (cannot speak to component). As mentioned above, you might need another dish tho depending on where you live.. Gerry

I recently upgraded from the 811 to the 411.Major improvement as far as picture quality on the sd channels.Hd looks alot better too.Using coponent out on the 411.Havent tried the hdmi output yet.............Was using the dvi out on the 811.

I recently upgraded from the 811 to the 211 with a 1000. I have been pleased with the overall quality of the picture and even the knowledge of the installer (he said he was a member of Satellite Guys). I can't wait to see how well the billing portion of the upgrade goes!!

I also have a 811. I can only see 110/119/121 (Condo restrictions). I have the original HD PACK. I use OTA for my HD locals (NYC area). Is upgrade to 411/211 worth the money?

racer4551 said:
I recently upgraded from the 811 to the 411.Major improvement as far as picture quality on the sd channels.Hd looks alot better too.Using coponent out on the 411.Havent tried the hdmi output yet.............Was using the dvi out on the 811.

It improves drastically with the hdmi, when we first got hd we were using componet until we got a dvi to hdmi convertor looks even better, well worth the few bucks.

I switched from the 811 to a 411/211 to get additional HD channels on 129.

I have good and bad regarding the 411.

Good: It has a coax out so I can view a second TV in the other room. It is a nice little compact receiver with some nice features. I really like the new channels.

Bad: Can't get the games on channel 100
The remote is IR only, not UHF like the 811. Can't switch channels from
the other room.

I currently have a 811 and am really not satisfied with the overall picture quality of the H.D. What is the advantage of getting the 211? How much does it cost me to upgrade? Thanks. I was seriously thinking about chucking the whole H.D. receiver, and just getting a 522. Because it seemed the overall picture quality was better with the 522. I own a Hitachi 57TWX20B. Thanks for any comments.

Ozbird

I have just exchanged my 811 for a 211 and I'm really disappointed. The picture quality, both SD and HD, was great on the 811, but it's just hard to watch the with the 211. The best I can describe it is "grainy" or "smudgy", especially when the image moves. At times it is better than others. But as a former VOOM subscriber who who was impressed with the way the picture jumped out at you, this is a real disappointment. I'm using component cables and have read mixed reviews about whether a DVI-HDMI cable would be an improvement. Anybody have any ideas?

I had a 811 for about 2 years. Struggled with bad OTA issues, sound issues and many other problems expressed by others. Had it connected via DVI. Now have 211 conected with HDMI to DVI. No problems so far and has corrected any problems I had with the 811.:luvlove: Check with Tech, tell them that it is not working right, maybe they will send out a new 211?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)