Thinking of getting Dish

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
Was not exactly sure where to ask this so sorry if it is in the wrong spot. I have DirecTV and enjoy it a lot. I was thinking of contacting Dish to see if I could get a good deal with them as I would like to have both services. I have a couple of questions.

1. The only thing I would need is a 622 or 722. I know that you can watch shows on two tvs through the 622 or 722. What is the technology behind it? Does the tech just run a video cable to the second TV or is it some type of wireless technology?

2. What is the best deal to get right now? I guess it sounds stupid to have both but I think it would be cool to have them both. I know that Dish has a better selection of movies channels over DirecTV and would like to take advantage of that. I am also a big HD fan I know that DirecTV has a better selection but just wanted to see what you guys thought.

3. I have heard that Dish likes to nickle and dime you, is this true?

Thanks.

Was not exactly sure where to ask this so sorry if it is in the wrong spot. I have DirecTV and enjoy it a lot. I was thinking of contacting Dish to see if I could get a good deal with them as I would like to have both services. I have a couple of questions.

1. The only thing I would need is a 622 or 722. I know that you can watch shows on two tvs through the 622 or 722. What is the technology behind it? Does the tech just run a video cable to the second TV or is it some type of wireless technology?

2. What is the best deal to get right now? I guess it sounds stupid to have both but I think it would be cool to have them both. I know that Dish has a better selection of movies channels over DirecTV and would like to take advantage of that. I am also a big HD fan I know that DirecTV has a better selection but just wanted to see what you guys thought.

3. I have heard that Dish likes to nickle and dime you, is this true?

Thanks.

Talk to Claude at the Dishstore for the best deal hands down.

As for your questions the 622 and 722 are dual tuner which just means there are 2 tuners in the box, actually 3 if you count the OTA tuner. All that is needed is a coaxial cable run to the second tv which is controlled via UHF remote. TV1 will be HD but TV2 is SD.

These days I think all companies nickel and dime you to death.

Wait till they get their programming sorted out in the next month or so... I hope. No need for a good deal if you dont get the channels you want most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)