Thinking of going to Directv...

Well, I ended up going for the Directv.. But the install is not until July 30th, so I assume I have between now and then to cancel the order if I decide to change my mind?
I'm going to assume, but someone please correct me if I am wrong, that the Atlanta locals will sooner or later become spot beam only??? once again, I'm in the 25880 zip code, and I couldn't find any spot beams that would definitely reach here.

I believe the 129 transponder for Charleston/Huntington was 18.. I get a 35-37 signal steady... Would this be good enough to get locals through Dish if I "moved" to that location.. I love Hd locals, but this would save me a ton of money once NHL season started.. Might be my better router if I can cancel my Directv order before they come in on the 30th

If you can see 129 from there try a 24 inch round single lnb dish for 129 - stronger signal=fewer dropouts.

man that stinks, I left dish and Direct is so much better, I only got a 12 month commitment, I pay alittle more(about 10 bucks) but it was worth it mainly cuz I get more hd channels and the locals in HD especially

I did go to the Directv forum and read the options there. Ultimately, I'm going to wait it out and see what happens till the end of the year. Maybe until the next CES to see what both sides are coming up with. Until then, I'll keep with E*

I did go to the Directv forum and read the options there. Ultimately, I'm going to wait it out and see what happens till the end of the year. Maybe until the next CES to see what both sides are coming up with. Until then, I'll keep with E*

do what's right for you buddy. i'm glad you settled that. :up

I've been debating moving over, but look around for the moment there is nothing that makes me want to switch. I love my 622 and I need OTA inputs for local HD on either service, paying the extra to get the add on to D* just seems dumb to me. I'll stick around and see what happens come February 17th I think...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)