Thinking of going to Dish

Silva

Original poster
Feb 21, 2013
Georgia
I used to have Dish network several years ago when i signed up i was told my bill would be
$65 so thats the amount i had to put on my card. when i paid the bill later on it started increasing to $200-$300 i asked a rep who transferred me to a supervisor i asked does dish offer payment arrangements to allow me to pay a certain amount he told me no so after i cancelled i found out through chat that dish allows payment arrangements i'm thinking of switching to them because i pay $200 for cable how much do you pay for dish? does dish really offer payment arrangements?

They may not allow you to even get their service unless you buy your own equipment and do the pay as you go plan. If you are trying to get it and are already worrying about payment arrangement, better to downgrade whatever service you have now.

Thats what i'm still trying to figure out the charges that were on the bill didn't add up to that much i started to pay the $65 like i was told and i called them they couldn't explain why the bill was high but i still had to pay it so i asked the supervisor do they allow payment arrangements he said no he wouldn't give his name so i paid the full bill and cancelled even when i talked to someone on chat yesterday they still couldn't figure it out but said they are sorry this happened when i asked i was told i qualify as a new customer and my balance on my old account is 0 tampa8 i did pay dish made a mistake they just made a mistake my balance wouldn't be 0 if i didn't pay we only have one cable company here which is Mediacom don't really have options

I wouldn't go back if it happened like that. Try Direct TV maybe? I guess I'm not understanding why you are asking about payment arrangements, that's when you haven't been paying. Maybe if you contact a DIRT member here they can give you the answers you need.

Silva,

Not knowing the entire story it is hard to tell what happened in the past between you and Dish. That said, accounting screwups are nothing new to Dish nor Direct, reports of issues with billing errors show up from both providers at times.

If Dish is telling you that you now qualify as a new customer you could just go ahead and sign up with them to get the sign up deals. Or you could call Direct and sign up with them.

But with either mistakes can and do happen.

That is the whole story i only had them for 9 months to a year but thinking of switching to dish since they have more deals with movies i don't watch sports much

That is the whole story i only had them for 9 months to a year but thinking of switching to dish since they have more deals with movies i don't watch sports much

So I'm guessing the extra $$'s were the ETF for cancelling your contract early?

the amount was high before i decided to cancel the high bill is why i canceled because they couldn't explain. does dish ever add channels that are requested?

No, the whole story would include the reason the bill climbed which Dish doesn't seem to have an answer for. I didn't mean that you were not telling the whole story, just that all the facts aren't in evidence. :)

Possibly the bill was climbing because you were falling behind and didn't cancel/suspend the account until you caught up. That would keep generating new monthly fees and from your OP it seemed the most probable.

the first bill was $65 then it climbed to $300 which then they couldn't explain i just thought of it as an error because the charges i saw on the bill didn't add up to be over $300

Could it have possibly been equipment lease charges? What equipment did you get when you signed up previously?

@Silva

considering the level of problems you have had with Dish, I would only contact them for information through DIRT only (Dish Internet Response Team). In my experience, Online Chat is one of the must unreliable and worst ways to get proper information from Dish.

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number to look up any information plus whatever questions.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

The first bill is actually for two months, as it is prorated. So that, plus the second month, would actually be three months of charges, which could be the $200 you are wondering about.

Uh, these days that isn't the way Dish does it. When did they change to the current way, which is to get the first bill paid with order and then the next bill is for the month. IOW, only one month's charge at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)