Thinking of switching from cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dalvin823

Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Hello to all,

I would appreciate any insight here. I am contemplating switching my service. I looked online and found the package I wanted. I need the 120 channel with (2) receivers with the recording feature.

My main questions are.
  • Are there any hidden fees?
  • Should I locate a local dealer or go with the company?
  • Installation said it was $49.99, is this true?
  • Is it better to just lease the equipment for right now, I am not going with the contract at the moment, 18 months is bit extreme to me.
Thanks for your help,

dalvin823

Hello to all,

I would appreciate any insight here. I am contemplating switching my service. I looked online and found the package I wanted. I need the 120 channel with (2) receivers with the recording feature.

If you are connecting just two TVs, then all you need is one DVR with a dual tuner. It will allow you to record on both TVs.

Are there any hidden fees?

If you use DISH online pricing tool, you'll see exatly what the fees are (w/o Taxes)

Should I locate a local dealer or go with the company?

Everyone has their own opinion on this. It really depends on the contractor that DISH will send out if you go with them directly. Using a local provider may give you a better quality install and easier troubleshooting if any problems arise.

Installation said it was $49.99, is this true?

If you don't agree to the 18-month commitment, it is true. If you do agree, they wave it. But if you don't agree, and want to get the fee waived, PM me and i'll give you a referral number to use (which waves the fee).

Is it better to just lease the equipment for right now, I am not going with the contract at the moment, 18 months is bit extreme to me.

Its cheaper to lease in the short-run.

If you are connecting just two TVs, then all you need is one DVR with a dual tuner. It will allow you to record on both TVs.

If you use DISH online pricing tool, you'll see exatly what the fees are (w/o Taxes)

Everyone has their own opinion on this. It really depends on the contractor that DISH will send out if you go with them directly. Using a local provider may give you a better quality install and easier troubleshooting if any problems arise.

If you don't agree to the 18-month commitment, it is true. If you do agree, they wave it. But if you don't agree, and want to get the fee waived, PM me and i'll give you a referral number to use (which waves the fee).

Its cheaper to lease in the short-run.

Thanks for the information. Sounds good. I went to the online site and saw the prices. I will be calling this week.

If you do go through DISHSTORE which is a sponsor on this site they will waive the initial $49.99 activation fee so there is a ZERO cost upfront. If you take the 18 month contract you get another $49.99 credit on your first bill so its like they are paying you $50 to sign up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)