Thinking of switching to Dish...DHPP Question

Actually, I agree with that, and would prefer it. But I see that Dish has decided that in order to quote "cheaper" prices in the market, they'd better split the cost out, as an option. And to cover everyone, and all equipment, would increase our fees. Of course, I pay the DHPP anyway, so my cost might actually go down a bit if everyone paid. Or maybe not.

Like it? No. Understand and accept it? Not much choice.

I agree, you already pay for programming, and on top of that, you pay all these additional ones that Dish Network charges which are about ready to increase a bit for some because of that extra equipment being on the account, and they expect the subscriber to pay for the equipment if it goes bad if you don't pay them even more for a warranty on their own equipment? I don't think the cable companies charge you if their box goes bad.

Dish is not doing a very good job now of trying to be cheaper in the marketplace by increasing the fees as much as they are. If $14-$17 per month is not enough to cover the cost of a replacement if one goes bad then something is wrong.

Also, they have this promo where you get free DHPP for the first six months for new customers. Why would new customers need it when there should be a one year warranty on the equipment? DOH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)