Thinking of switching to Dish, have a question

There used to be a good one. Not sure if they’re still in business or not. I’ll give them a call and if they’re still going then I’ll call Dish and cancel my installation.

Reactions: JSheridan
Did you use a referral code to get an additional (I think it's now $100) off?

Yes, you could. It would save them $100 as well.

Once you have the code, you will probably have to have the order redone with the local retailer.

I don't think he's done an order yet since we didn't talk channel packages. Just asked me how I wanted install done and what I wanted for equipment. Said they were booked up this week and would call me next week when they were ready to come do it.

Well, it sounds like you have time to figure out your options. Just make sure you give them the code before they put the order in with Dish.

Yes, you could. It would save them $100 as well.

Once you have the code, you will probably have to have the order redone with the local retailer.
I think you can still use it as long as it's before receivers get activated. Just need to call Dish beforehand with the code

The best I can tel you is this; There are good techs and bad techs in every company, every provider. Make sure you explain to your tech when he shows up that you expect everything to be done right, neat and clean and will accept nothing less. You're in the Sioux Falls area and that is a region served by a small Sub Contractor and has out of market techs rotating in and out often. I was up there last year, in June and the work I saw by previous techs was frightening, to be honest,. so stay on top of whoever shows up. As far as the Wireless Joeys,. they're fine, really. That extra split second to open a menu isn't going to overly noticeable
Try this one on for size. My brother called to finally get HD for his HDTVs (he is real slow on the tech uptake). So, they schedule an appointment, and the tech brings two 211z's and sets it up. One LITTLE problem. He did not switch out the old 500 dish! After I went to see him last weekend, I told him he needed to call and get the current HD dish and LNB. They told him he has the right Dish. He told them to bring a new one anyway!

Reactions: pattykay
Try this one on for size. My brother called to finally get HD for his HDTVs (he is real slow on the tech uptake). So, they schedule an appointment, and the tech brings two 211z's and sets it up. One LITTLE problem. He did not switch out the old 500 dish! After I went to see him last weekend, I told him he needed to call and get the current HD dish and LNB. They told him he has the right Dish. He told them to bring a new one anyway!
That's just laziness. I've run into that a few times

Reactions: charlesrshell
Got my Dish installed yesterday. Everything went great! Installer was able to run a cable to my living room, so I'm running a wired Joey 3 there and a Hopper 3 on my 4K tv in the basement. Very impressed with the Hopper. I love it. Very superior to the Genie! Picture quality wise I would say Dish is MAYBE a touch bit softer than Directv, but it's really really close. I would say unless you're viewing the two side by side you'll never notice the difference. Really like the layout of the interface on the Hopper and having 16 tuners is incredible! About the only thing I miss from Directv is the way trick play worked. I liked how it would skip back a couple of seconds coming out of fast forward. But that's something I'll get used to.

Question on Autohop. I see that any shows recorded from ABC and NBC have Autohop already the next day. How long for CBS and FOX shows to get it enabled?

Got my Dish installed yesterday. Everything went great! Installer was able to run a cable to my living room, so I'm running a wired Joey 3 there and a Hopper 3 on my 4K tv in the basement. Very impressed with the Hopper. I love it. Very superior to the Genie! Picture quality wise I would say Dish is MAYBE a touch bit softer than Directv, but it's really really close. I would say unless you're viewing the two side by side you'll never notice the difference. Really like the layout of the interface on the Hopper and having 16 tuners is incredible! About the only thing I miss from Directv is the way trick play worked. I liked how it would skip back a couple of seconds coming out of fast forward. But that's something I'll get used to.

Question on Autohop. I see that any shows recorded from ABC and NBC have Autohop already the next day. How long for CBS and FOX shows to get it enabled?

I only use FF on Dish if I want to go far quickly. The rest of the time I use the 30-second skip with the 10 second skip back if I go too far. Autohop is really nice when it is available. I only have PTAT setup for Saturday, so I can have some Timers that run longer than PTAT's schedule on other nights (primarily Sunday due to football pushing the schedule back), but AutoHop still works on recordings from the rest of the week. Autohop alone is worth a lot of the cost of going with Dish. Tivo's SkipMode is nice too FWIW.

I did not know that! Thanks for that info. I might have to disable PTAT at least on Sunday so that I can run my timers longer in case of football games running long.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts