Thinking of switching to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

quest2001

Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
My parents currently have time warner cable, and with them charging us $60/month just for basic cable, we are thinking of switching. After reviewing the packages it seems like the America's Top 200 package would be best.

America's Top 200 = $55.00
DVR Fee = $6.00
Total = $61.00

We have 2 tvs, one HDTV and one standard tv. I did the setup on the website (without actually ordering it), and it came up with a HD Duo DVR.

1. How does the receiver work? I understand that they give you 2 remotes, but how does the DVR work on both tvs with only 2 tuners (ie being able to rewind/pause/record 2 shows at once ect on both of the tvs)

2. How does the HD for Life work? Is it automatically added when I select paperless and autopay?

3. Would the receiver above require a lease fee (monthly fee) if it is the primary receiver?

4. We use VOIP for phone, I checked Lingo, and we could save $6/month if we got directv through them, but not dish network, do you know if any VOIP providers that let you bundle Dish Network and save $ per month?

5. I am a college student (going back to college in the fall), because of this, I will only be home during the summer and for holidays ect, we really did not want to pay $7/month (for my standard tv..which would make it 3 tvs) for a extra one when I am only here over the summer, I saw that they do not have lease fees for the 508 DVR, is this true? (was thinking of just getting one cheaply to avoid the monthly fee).

Sorry for all the questions, but I thought I would ask them all now, and avoid any surprises. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts