Thinking of upgrading to Hopper

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I current have a very basic setup that I installed myself.

Eastern Arc - VIP211K with a 1TB EHD (Welcome Pack and HeartLand Pack) - not on a contract ($23.67)

I do a lot of manual scheduling, but because I only have one tuner - I get many conflicts.

i can get either a 722 locally for about $150 or a Hopper for about $200. So here are the dilemmas and questions.

1. Better technology - but cost $10 dollars a month more for the Hopper, but I assume about the same for the 722.

2. Can I have the Hopper and the owned 211K on the same account (other threads here say yes)

3. Main problem is timer conflicts but I have to weigh cost against missing recordings.

4. Any other consideration I should think about?

I can think of pro and cons on each side - please give me your thought and experience.

If you only have the one tv, I'd go with the 722, dvr fee is cheaper. And no, you cannot have the 211 on the same account as the Hopper except if you have the 211 with an RV. You may also want to check into an OTA setup, it will give you a second tuner on the 211 and two if you go with a 722k with the OTA module.

I should have said I already have OTA setup using a DTVDRV PAL - I get about 37 channels this way. I have other TV's in the house but currently only one with Dish Network.

Assuming I go with the 722 and put the 211k on a TV in another room, Dish would charge me $7 more a month?

Hopper accounts can have a single purchased 411/211/211k on the same account.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Hi chapelrun, if you decide to upgrade to 722 receiver and keep the 211 for another room, your monthly bill will increase by the $7.00 DVR and then $7.00 for the additional receiver. If you were thinking about a leased receiver upgrade, you would need to have HD programming to get an HD upgrade with us. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please PM me. Thank you!

If I remove and replace my 211K with a Hopper and keep all my programming the same it should be $10 more per month.

If I go with the 722 the space to record is cut in half. (From 1TB to 500GB)

If I remove and replace my 211K with a Hopper and keep all my programming the same it should be $10 more per month.

If I go with the 722 the space to record is cut in half. (From 1TB to 500GB)

The Hopper has a 2 TB Hard drive with a portion allocated to Prime Time Any Time only.
I have had over 1200 recordings on my Hopper. I could not get anywhere close to that on my 722.
The 1200+ did not include PTAT.

I thought part of the drive was set aside for preloaded movies. And that PTAT now came out of the user partition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts