Third Remote Dish Network 625

fred7157

Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Fishkill
Hi All,

I am a newbie at this satellite stuff and have a question...
I have a Dish Network 625 receiver which I currently had hooked up to 2 TVs since it has a dual tuner.
Tonight I put a splitter on TV 2 and ran the feed to an extra TV we have in the kitchen. The extra TV is getting the same picture as TV2 and that is just what I wanted.
My question is how would I get a third remote to control the extra TV and the receiver for TV2? I want to be able to change the channels from the remote that will control the extra TV.
I went out tonight and bought a Dish digital remote control, the instructions say it can do UHF or IR. I tried changing the addresses on the remote but for some reason it would only change channels on TV1. Regardless of which code I tried it would only control TV1.
Do I have to get another type of remote? If so could I get it at Walmart or Radio Shack?

I appreciate all the help.
Thanks
Freddie

since you have a uhf tv2 remote and both tv's have to be on the same channel just use the tv2 remote in each location, unless you don't want to move remote all the time. In that case just get another 6.3 uhf pro remote at radio shack

The remote that came with your 625 was a Dish UHF Pro 6.0 remote. (Note the number on the back.) I accidentally sold my 625 with a 6.3 remote, so I know that works as well. Before the Dish UHF Pros came out, there were earlier UHF remotes which are incompatible with the 625, so I am guessing that's what you bought. The IR probably was compatible, which is why you can control TV1 but not TV2. There is a compatibility chart around somewhere, but I can't locate it at the moment.

I don't think Walmart has any Dish remotes, but Radio Shack might. I bought all my spares from Ebay pretty cheaply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts