Third Remote?

mixz1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Cancun, Mexico
I have a VIP222K. I would like to add a third UHF remote. I have 2 UHF remotes; the UHF 21 remote that came with the unit and a 4.0 UHF remote from an old 311 receiver. I can successfully program either remote to drive the 222K but programming one disconnects the other. Is there a way around this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the reply, but if you re-read my original post, I can program any of the UHF remotes including the 4.0. The problem is that programming any of the UHF remotes disconnects the other UHF remote. Program the 4.0 and the 21 stops working. Program the 21 and the 4.0 stops working.

Program the receiver with the UHF remote first. Now program the other remote NOT THE RECEIVER - meaning do not hit the record button in fact don't even be on the system page. You can have as many remotes as you want to control the receiver.

I think you have the remotes set on different addresses and when you program one remote it kicks the other one off.

example remote 21 set for addy 5 and remote 4.0 set for addy 2. this is in no way saying what you are doing is wrong just my gut feeling in dealing with this with customers over the phone. both remotes themselves need to be set on the same address "frequency".

Program the receiver with the UHF remote first. Now program the other remote NOT THE RECEIVER - meaning do not hit the record button in fact don't even be on the system page. You can have as many remotes as you want to control the receiver.
Thank you for the reply. I borrowed another 21 remote and your instructions worked perfectly. 1 IR remote and 2 UHF remotes working perfectly. However using the same instruction with the 4.0 UHF as a third remote, it does not work.

I think you have the remotes set on different addresses and when you program one remote it kicks the other one off.

example remote 21 set for addy 5 and remote 4.0 set for addy 2. this is in no way saying what you are doing is wrong just my gut feeling in dealing with this with customers over the phone. both remotes themselves need to be set on the same address "frequency".

Thanks for the reply. I am now totally confused. How do I change the remote frequencies? The IR remote is on address 1. The functioning UHF remote is on address 2. The non-functioning UHF 4.0 remote was programmed by holding down the SAT button until it is blinking, pressing "2" and then pressing the "#" key. This set the remote to address 2, but I did not press the "REC" button to program the receiver. That would result in the UHF 4.0 becoming active but disconnecting the UHF 21 remote. Are their frequency setting other than address settings?

IIRC the 4.0 remote can't do the UHF Pro band B, correct? If so, you'll need to program all remotes to an odd (1, 3, 5, etc.) remote address.

IIRC the 4.0 remote can't do the UHF Pro band B, correct? If so, you'll need to program all remotes to an odd (1, 3, 5, etc.) remote address.

Thank you to all who helped with this, but in particular thank you and kudos to 3HaloODST who hit the nail on the head. Programmed one of the 21 remotes to address 3 and then saved it to the receiver, then programmed the other 21 and the 4.0 to address 3 as well. Bingo! Perfection. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)