Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
1. hd-200 iirc can be used with this
2. you cant use 2 lnbs at once there is no support for swithcing
s.gif
JUST FOR EXTRA INFO, IF YOU GO TO EBAY.COM AND ENTER 120320239662 INTO EBAYS SEARCH YOU WILL SEE THAT THIS SAME IDENTICAL ADD JUST SOLD HERE ON EBAY FOR $152.50 WITH 13 BIDS. SO YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT THIS IS A HIGHLY DEMANDED ITEM. YOU WILL LIKE THIS! IF YOU CHOOSE THE BUY IT NOW OPTION YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.A ONLY (LOWER U.S.A STATES ONLY). IF YOU CHANCE THE AUCTION YOU WILL PAY THE SHIPPING QUOTED ON THE EBAY RATE CALCULATOR. THERE IS AN ADDED BONUS! IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ADD YOU WILL RECEIVE 25% TO 30% CASH BACK IF YOU CLICK THE BUY IT NOW OPTION!
!!!!THIS IS A DOUBLE BONUS TO YOU IF CLICK THE BUY IT NOW YOU WILL GET FREE SHIPPING AND A HUGE CHUNK OF CASH BACK!!!!!
THIS RECEIVER IS DUEL SOURCE MEANING IT WILL RECEIVE AND PROCESS 2 SATELLITE SOURCES AT THE SAME TIME (ONE SATELLITE INPUT AND ONE CABLE INPUT) AND THERE IS ALSO A 3RD INPUT FOR SIMPLE FREE TO AIR ANTENNA INPUT AS WELL SO THIS UNIT WILL ACTUALLY PROCESS TO SOURCES AND PASS REGULAR ANTENNA TV AS WELL. IT ALSO WORKS AS A CABLE BOX FOR LOCAL CABLE COMPANY SET UPS ALSO.
I HAVE QUOTED THE MANUFACTURER BELOW. THE MANUFACTURER STATES THAT THIS RECEIVER WILL SUPPORT 2 LNB SOURCES AT THE SAME TIME! IN FACT THAT IS WHAT THE LETTERS "DS" REPRESENTS IN THE MODEL NUMBER ITSELF (DS MEANS DUAL SOURCE)! READ THE FOLLOWING AS THIS WAS QUOTED FROM THE MANUFACTURER WEBS SITE AT.

General Instruments GI 4DTV C BAND MOTOROLA DSR410DS DUEL SOURCE RECEIVER. THIS RECEIVER IS CONSIDERED TOP OF THE LINE BECAUSE IT USES CUTTING EDGE RECEIVER TECHNOLOGY. THE MANUFACTURER PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION: A completely integrated satellite and cable receiver. DSR-410 Dual Source Receiver DSR-410 Dual Source Receiver Support for dual LNBs Seamless cable and satellite technologies integrated and delivered in a single digital entertainment receiver Easy viewer menu system Digital satellite programming plus local content via analog cable Parental controls to block programming and limit access to underage viewers Instant-Pay-Per-View: Movies, Sports, and Specials.
I CAN ASSURE YOU YOU THAT YOU WILL NOT FIND A POWERFUL RECEIVER LIKE THIS AT THESE PRICES ANYWHERE ELSE. RECEIVERS LIKE THIS SELL FOR UPWARDS OF $500 NEW.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MANUFACTURER SPECS AND OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE FOR THIS UNIT
A completely integrated satellite
and cable receiver.
DSR-410 Dual Source Receiver
Support for dual LNBs
Seamless cable and satellite technologies
integrated and delivered in a single digital
entertainment receiver
Easy viewer menu system
Digital satellite programming plus local content
via analog cable
Parental controls to block programming and
limit access to underage viewers
Instant-Pay-Per-View: Movies, Sports, Special
Events
Dolby® brand AC-3® surround sound
Optional Accessories:
- Premium 4:1 Remote Control Unit (Satellite
receiver, TV, VCR/DVD and stereo)
- UHF Kit enables wireless control from
anywhere in your house
The ultimate in entertainment value comes home with
Motorola’s dual source receiver. One of the first of its kind - a
completely integrated satellite and cable receiver - to enhance
basic analog cable service with digital satellite entertainment.
The DSR-410DS offers more programming choices, excellent
studio broadcast picture enabled by digital transmission, and a
wealth of user features that make the entertainment experience
an interactive and satisfying experience.
Watch local programs. Seamless integration with cable
television brings you the local channels that digital satellite
alone does not currently deliver to rural areas.
Find a particular show or sporting event using the onscreen
display. Look for programs by name in the on screen
viewer menu system.
Create a set of favorite channels. Set a personal list of
favorites, customized to your own viewing preferences from
among hundreds of programming choices available via satellite.
Create a safe environment for your family. Set password protected
parental control guides to allow only the types of
shows with the levels of violence, language and content that
are appropriate for your family.
Watch a first-run movie - without leaving the house. A
wide range of Instant-Pay-Per-View options lets you enjoy an
entire evening’s worth of great entertainment for a fraction of
the cost - and effort - of a trip to the theater. You can also
watch sports events and special “live” performances at the
touch of a button.
Program Reminder Timers. Flexible program timers let you
pre-select or use your VCR to record anything you might miss -
whether it is a specific event or a daily show.
Create a home theater. Dolby® brand AC-3® surround sound
lets you bring theater-style sound as well as CD-quality music
to your home system when available on satellite signal.
With the latest in satellite programming and a receiver from
one of the world leader in end-to-end digital transmission and
satellite TV, Motorola, you get the best of cable and the
satellite world delivered right into your own home.
AUCTION IS FOR 1 USED, IN EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITION GUARANTEED!
VERY NICE ORIGINAL IN EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITION
PLAYS EXCELLENT AS IT DID WHEN IT WAS NEW
ALL CONTROLS WORK NICELY
HAS NICE HIGH DEF. PICTURE
Decode High Definition HBO and Showtime movies are available. ON THE BOTTOM THERE IS ALSO A BIG STICKER THAT SAYS THIS RECEIVER IS INTENDED FOR THE DECODING OF DIGIcIPHER II TELEVISION SIGNALS FOR CONSUMER USE.
THIS RECEIVER IS DESIGNED FOR THE DECODING OF DIGIcIPHER II TELEVISION SIGNALS FOR CONSUMER USE. THIS IS WHAT THE TAG STATES ON THE BOTTOM. THE DIGIcIPHER II UNIT IS BUILT IN TO IT.
YOU ARE VIEWING ACTUAL ITEM
Here is the installation manual for the 410ds I FOUND THE EXACT MANUEL AND IT WILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS RECEIVER
EBAY HAS MESSED UP THE FEEDBACK SYSTEM WITH THEIR NEW CHANGES MAKING IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR SELLERS TO KEEP HIGH FEEDBACK SCORES AS THEY HAVE GIVEN TOTAL CONTROL TO THE BUYER AND ERASED ANY POSSIBLY OF NEGOTIATION SO THAT BUYERS AND SELLERS CAN NO LONGER WORK OUT ANY ISSUES WITH FEEDBACK OR TRANSACTIONS IN GENERAL. So that even if a seller were to give a full refund even with an extra tip, a neutral comment would still remain regardless of any good intentions of the buyer or seller to remove or change it, so to help avoid problems before they happen i have chosen to work around the ridiculous new system by coming here.... I do hope the ebay team changes there system back to the way it used to be one day as I feel it is very unreasonable and unjust for both the buyer and the seller...
THIS IS A REALLY NICE EXCELLENT WORKING GENERAL INSTRUMENTS DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER

MODEL DSR410DS. THIS IS A GI 4DTV C BAND RECEIVER. CBAND 4D RECEIVERS RUN AROUND $500 EACH NEW!
HERE ON EBAY YOU HAVE THIS ONE OR CAN CONTINUE TO BID ON EBAY ON ITEM 110292262369 JUST BELOW THIS ONE! THEY BID THAT ONE TO $100 AND THE AUCTION IS STILL GOING HIGHER EACH DAY

AND THAT ONE IS AN OLDER MODEL THAT HAS NO REMOTE CONTROL AND ALSO DOES NOT
HAVE ANY CONTROLS ON THE FACE! THIS UNIT HAS FULL CONTROL ON THE FACE! IT IS ALSO GUARANTEED!

Why folks would bid so high on that unit with a lot less features and leave this item alone
with no bids at half the price is beyond me, this one is also satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!!!

SO THIS PRICE IS A GIVE AWAY. THE 4DTV CBAND RECEIVERS ARE ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE TO CBAND OWNERS.
THERE ARE PROGRAMS AVAILABLE ON THE CBAND W5 SATELLITE. THIS RECEIVER WORKS WITH THE 1 TO 2 METER DISH SIZES.

THERE WAS NO ROOM IN THE TITLE TO PUT GENERAL INSTRUMENTS SO I PUT MOTOROLA

AS IT IS IN THE SAME FAMILY OF RECEIVERS. THIS UNIT WAS USED BY OUR LOCAL MOUNTAIN CABLE COMPANY FOR THEIR WIRELESS
CABLE CUSTOMERS, THEY HAVE DONE AWAY WITH THEIR WIRELESS ALL TOGETHER TO SAVE MONEY
SO MANY MANY OF THESE EXACT SAME RECEIVERS WILL BE SOLD AS THEY HAVE DOWN GRADED
TO A LOWER QUALITY SERVICE TO SAVE MONEY. I SOLD MY LAST REMOTE CONTROL THAT THE COMPANY HAD FOR THESE BUT IT WAS NOT THE GENUINE REMOTE FOR THE UNIT ANYWAY AS THE COMPANY WAS USING UNIVERSAL REMOTES. UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROLS CAN BE PURCHASED ANY WHERE FOR THESE UNITS BUT YOU DO NOT EVEN NEED ONE AS YOU CAN FULLY CONTROL THIS UNIT FROM THE FACE. ALL THE MENUS AND CHANNEL CONTROLS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE FACE OF THIS UNIT SO A REMOTE CONTROL IS NOT NEEDED.
EVERY SINGLE CONTROL OPERATION IS AVAILABLE FROM THE MANY BUTTONS ON THE FACE OF THIS RECEIVER WHICH IS AN AWESOME FEATURE BECAUSE MANY TIMES REMOTES ARE EASILY MISPLACED IN THE HOME ANYWAY.

IT ALSO HAS ALL THE SAME CONTROLS ON THE FACE OF THE UNIT AS WELL FOR DOUBLE CONTROL. YOU CAN FULLY

FUNCTION THIS UNIT WITH OR WITH OUT THE USE OF THE REMOTE CONTROL AS ALL THE FUNCTIONS AND CHANNEL CHANGING OPTIONS ARE ALSO ON THE FRONT AS WELL AS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL.

THIS UNIT IS GREAT BECAUSE IT HAS A SERIAL PORTS ON THE BACK THAT SUPPORTS A NULL CABLE

THAT WILL PLUG IN TO ANY COMPUTER SO THAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS ON TO IT. IT ALSO HAS A CARD SLOT
IN THE FRONT BEHIND A DOOR FOR A SECOND COMPUTER INTERFACE.

SO THIS AUCTION IS ONLY FOR THE RECEIVER PICTURED.

THIS RECEIVER ALSO HAS THE TELEPHONE JACK IN THE BACK FOR SUBSCRIPTION PAY PREVIEW AND ALSO HAS AUDIO AND VIDEO IN AND OUTS. IT ALSO COMES WITH THE POWER CORD SO IT WILL TURN RIGHT ON WHEN YOU RECEIVE IT. THIS RECEIVER ALSO HAS A COVER IN THE FRONT THAT COVERS A YET A SECOND VERY LARGE COMPUTER INTERFACE
COMPUTER FEMALE PLUG. SO AS YOU CAN SEE THIS UNIT HAS A LOT OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMABLE INTERFACE CONNECTIONS
FOR LOTS OF SPECIAL PROGRAMMING.

THIS UNIT IS VERY VERSATILE FOR THAT REASON. THIS IS A
TRUE DIGITAL RECEIVER FOR THE HIGHEST QUALITY TV PICTURE QUALITY! AND AT THIS LOW PRICE
IT WILL BE GONE FAST SO GRAB THIS DEAL AS IT IS VERY LOW IN COST.

what IS the slot on the front for ? can u get ala carte 4 this like other 4dtv

On 4DTV units it is a security measure that IF ever needed, will keep one from having to replace to IRD. It is there so IF the internal DC II subsystem becomes compromized they will send you a secured CAM and direct all decryption authorization requests to the new CAM (card), similar to what DN is doing now with their latest gen embedded CAM IRDs. There is another on the back on the DSRs that have a VC II module for the same purpose.
I would love to have a 4DTV unit, but that listing, and others like it is exactly why I shun away from Fleabay for any significant purchases. Misinformed, misleading and AFAIC, irresponsible, and I have to agree with Audiofox, this one takes the cake!
Unless something has changed, using 410s for the 4DTV type sub service on W5 @105, that are not sold by Skyvision will not be authorized. Mike Kohl is also an authorized re-seller for them as an outlet for Skyvision. These 410 auction prices are too funny since for $129.95 + S&H you can get one that is known to be in good condition and authorizable. It seems Mike commented on the battery status for them, but I dont recall what he said.
Something that I caught was the reference to C band reception. I was under the impression that the production run 410s were Ku only but the ones being used for the W5 sub had to be 'flipped' (I'm supposing similar to how FTA HW handles both bands, low side vs high side injection) to work on C band.
Either way this ad is a classic textbook example of the erroneous advertizing so common on the net.

Last edited:
The important thing to remember when buying on Fleabay is to research, research, RESEARCH. Know more about what you are looking at than the seller does, and you won't fall victim to a listing such as this (and you can spot the many potential bargains that are out there :) )

I saw the same ad (or one just like it) a couple of weeks ago and immediately identified it as a big pile of B.S.
It's almost as bad as him saying "really, I'm honest, I'm honest ,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,I'm honest,you should buy this thing from me even though I don't have a clue what it is. "
Which of course makes him seem even more dishonest.

It's a DSR-410....exactly like the one I bought from him for 17 bucks! (under his other eBay ID "manzanita-perches") Suddenly he seems to think they're a 4DTV and worth 5 times more!:eek: It'll get free previews on Starchoice but NO fixed-key or otherwise DCII signals. I tried for weeks, and just bought a DSR 4200V that gets all fixed/zero key DCII stuff. For $17 the 410 was still worth it to play with, but $152?????:eek::eek: All these 410s (I'm sure the one's skyvision has too) seem to have come from old the Hits2Home Ku service, so I beleive they could technically be re-authorized on W5, but that's another story I'd rather not discuss again here!:rolleyes:

The important thing to remember when buying on Fleabay is to research, research, RESEARCH. Know more about what you are looking at than the seller does, and you won't fall victim to a listing such as this (and you can spot the many potential bargains that are out there :) )
Absolutely! I got My DSR-920 off eBay for $50!:D

It's a DSR-410....exactly like the one I bought from him for 17 bucks! (under his other eBay ID "manzanita-perches") Suddenly he seems to think they're a 4DTV and worth 5 times more!:eek: It'll get free previews on Starchoice but NO fixed-key or otherwise DCII signals. I tried for weeks, and just bought a DSR 4200V that gets all fixed/zero key DCII stuff. For $17 the 410 was still worth it to play with, but $152?????:eek::eek: All these 410s (I'm sure the one's skyvision has too) seem to have come from old the Hits2Home Ku service, so I beleive they could technically be re-authorized on W5, but that's another story I'd rather not discuss again here!:rolleyes:

sucker born every minute if someone buys it. I have a 410 too and all I could get was the freeview stuff on Starchoice....cant even get it to download the maps from W5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)