This is a Dumb Question, but I am stumped

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
To start, just let me say I've searched the forum, but I'm very confused now. I'm trying to add the 61.5 location so I can get Voom. I have a DPP 500 for 119 and 110 and I am running 2 942's. I had an old DirecTV Dish laying around (that I use for tailgating) that has 2 line coming out. I connected the Direct TV dish directly to 1 of the 942s (with only 1 of the cables) and found 61.5 with no trouble. I then tried connecting the same cable to the input on the DPP 500 and I can't get either of the 942s to recognize it. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a switch or a different LNB or something? Thanks in advance for helping a novice out!

Brian

I'm really not sure but something tells me that the DirecTV Dual LNBF is not communicating properly with the switch in the DPPTwin. I'm not sure if you'd have much more luck running it through a switch or not. I suppose you could try it with a DP34 but then you wouldn't have the ability of using the DPP separators then and I have a hunch that you're currently using them.

Yes, I am using the DPP separators (which I love by the way). I agree with your assessment, I'm just not sure why. I know I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what.

I believe that it's because that the DirecTV LNBF does not communicate using DiSEQc 2.0. It works with the 942 directly because I'm betting that the 942 treats it as a legacy LNBF and will communicate with it that way. However the DPPTwin is trying to communicate with the LNBF with a different switching language and is not understanding the responses it is getting from the DirecTV LNB. This is the same thing that would happen if you tried to hook a legacy LNBF into a DishPro switch. I'd just get a DishPro single LNBF and you should be good to go.

OK, thanks for the help. I didn't know there was a difference (not that I doubt you at all, all of this stuff is just a bit over my head :confused: ) So there is no way I can get this to work without a differect LNBF right?

None that I can think of that would work. On the bright side DP singles are pretty cheap you can get one for around $30 new or even cheaper if you want to go the eBay route.

OK, thanks for your help nasfreak! I knew I could get the help I needed here.

Because of the "D" shape of DISH LNB base it won't fit on many Directv dishes you will also need a DISH Network dish 300 or another dish 500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)