This is Election Year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
How to reduce or eliminate those Telemarking Calls

# 1 ) Sign Up to be included on the Goverments Do not call List at http://www.donotcall.gov or by calling 1-888-382-1222 from the phone # u want to block

# 2 ) Buy one of the Telezapper Device and install it on your telephone line.
you can get one at The Official Site of the TeleZapper
I got one and it works wonders

# 3 ) and lastly call your local phone company and let them know that you want your phone number unpublished from the phone book and phone operator lists..

This is election year and this will also stop those Presidential Campaign Calls :D

This has been covered many times before; read up: calls from political organizations, calls soliciting for charities and religions and general survey calls are NOT covered by the Do Not Call List. (easy search)

Telezappers can be emulated without spending a dime on "the official" one; not to mention that they have been almost totally thwarted by most solicitor tools, software tricks and calling system upgrades (easy search).

As a general rule paying to have your number removed from a standard land line systems might help a tiny bit, but most call lists for the above purposes ARE NOT gathered through phone book or directory assistance listings. They are obtained through voter's registrations, licensing agencies, credit card companies, church and donation memberships, etc; and other legal means where you MUST provide or willingly provide your phone and address information to get service.

And as well as saving lots of money; having VoIP service can virtually eliminate all unwanted calls. (yet another easy search)

How to reduce or eliminate those Telemarking Calls

# 1 ) Sign Up to be included on the Goverments Do not call List at http://www.donotcall.gov or by calling 1-888-382-1222 from the phone # u want to block

# 2 ) Buy one of the Telezapper Device and install it on your telephone line.
you can get one at The Official Site of the TeleZapper
I got one and it works wonders

# 3 ) and lastly call your local phone company and let them know that you want your phone number unpublished from the phone book and phone operator lists..

This is election year and this will also stop those Presidential Campaign Calls :D

Does that telezapper actually work?

I've only had two political campaign calls since Jan. 3. I got one each from the Clinton and the Obama campaigns to remind me I was a delegate to my county caucus. Hard for me to forget, since I was on the committee organizing it. I don't want to get to political, since this isn't the pit, but the call from Clinton was a recording, and the call from Obama was a real person. BEFORE January 3 the calls were constant for months. Some I had fun with, one hung up on me when I kept asking who she was calling for, with my own speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)