This just in... Enhanced Definition Channels

Well, if it helps, VOOM claims that it will offer the NFL Network at launch.
I can't update the previous post, so I'd just like to add that the NFL Network is specified as "coming soon" on VOOM.

One more item of interest that I have learned on these new channels. They will more likely NOT be announced on a regular Charlie Chat. Instead, what I was told is they will be announced on a special program, mailings or a special promotional Charlie Chat after the new HD hardware is in the pipeline. But the announcement will be in time for the holidays. She did add "unless something goes extremely wrong." Which does leave DISH a lot of wiggle room.

While this source is not inside DISH Network, she is in a very key position to know about a few of these soon to be offered channels. She said that DISH's original plan, as told to the program providers, was to announce the new channels on the Tech Chat this month at the top of the show with special guests.

We will see...

Scott, your sources may know more on this...

n0qcu said:
I timed Sci-Fi one night commercial breaks 6 minutes long (make one wonder where they find time for the actual program)

All the more reason to have a PVR!

--- WCS

Any new word on this? With all the HD on the 110 and maybe 110 mains

IS THERE ANY MORE ROOM?

Any update?

I would love Sci fi in 480p

I think this went into the dust bins when they totally revamped their strategy with Superdish/HD to 110 changes. Since Superdish didn't cover the whole US, 110 gave a one-dish solution, but boy does it have it's limitations in space.
They technically COULD move a lot of locals to Superdish, but alas, there aren't enough Superdishes to even go around to the new locals cities.

Wally said:
I think this went into the dust bins when they totally revamped their strategy with Superdish/HD to 110 changes. Since Superdish didn't cover the whole US, 110 gave a one-dish solution, but boy does it have it's limitations in space.
They technically COULD move a lot of locals to Superdish, but alas, there aren't enough Superdishes to even go around to the new locals cities.

That may be, however E* would likely use 8psk modulation on those ED channels and if they go to 5/6 FEC their might be enough room on the HD TP's to add a 480p ED channel where their is not room for a 3rd HD channel an a TP. Since the current 8 HD channels on 110 uses 4 TP's this may allow for 4 ED channels, more if more HD are added.

If Charlie doesn't see any compelling HD content to add, then giving us a bone by throwing in a couple of ED channels would be great.

Stacy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts