This step will take 10-15 minutes

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I am swapping out my two original Hoppers with two HWS. I disconnected the old Hoppers and hooked up the two new HWS. I followed the steps, downloaded the software updates, paired my remote and got to the step to authorize the receivers. I called Dish to authorize. I worked with the guy on the phone for 45 minutes but the receivers never did start working. I checked my Dish account online and both receivers are now authorized but still not working. The attached image shows the message that I have on both receivers and this message has been displaying for over an hour after getting off the phone with Dish. What do I need to do?

Attachments

• IMG_2850.JPG
    IMG_2850.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 217
Yep hit didn't go through the first time for some reason, or they didn't push "the button".

Actually i've ran into this a couple of times and a simple reset fixed it. Nothing to worry about. Unplug for ten seconds then plug back in

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yup. We see it from time to time on new installs and a reset will usually fix it.

Hmmmmm. Well the guy on the phone tried to "hit" it several times but it did not work. He also had me reset the receiver and it did not work. He was at the point that he was going to send out a tech but I can't imagine why I would need a tech for a simple hopper to hws swap out.

The guy did not seem real knowledgeable so I said lets give it over night and I will call back if not working. Well, it is still not working.

Call back and get a different csr, tell them you'd like to verify the receiver and smart card numbers, then have an activation hit sent. First guy might not have typed the numbers in correctly...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)