"THIS" Tv's future after Amazon buys MGM.

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
THIS TV plays movies from the MGM film library. What will happen to THIS TV after Amazon buys MGM?

The only thing I could find is that "On October 28, 2020, Byron Allen's Allen Media Group (which also controls Entertainment Studios) announced that it would be buying This TV and Light TV from MGM."

I would venture that any current MGM content on This TV would stay around until those agreements expire, however long that is. That channel would still need content, even if it is B-level and made-for-TV movies.

It's no different than Antenna TV (and eventually Rewind TV, when that network launches in September) using content from Sony, despite Sony owning a competing network with very similar programming (GetTV).

Reactions: TheKrell
If I was the head of This TV, I would seek some kind of agreement that goes beyond the current one before it changes hands. I have a feeling that once Bezos gets the library, he'll want a pretty penny to license any of it out in any future agreements. He could also refuse to do so since that library could be exclusive to his Prime memberships.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)