Thoughts on G4Tech TV...

I still like The Screen Savers but they should add more tech related shows to this channel in which would give it more diversity.

Stargazer said:
I still like The Screen Savers but they should add more tech related shows to this channel in which would give it more diversity.

I used to watch the TechTV all the time. Now I can't seem to find anything but G4 content on it. I guess I'm just too old for it. I LIKED Screen Savers and Call for Help. I caught Screen Savers today, and it sucked. Bring back Leo and Patrick! Sure sometimes they were lame, but they were entertaining, AND they were technically competent.

There were two young guys hosting the show today. I recognized one of them (black hair). I've seen him before in the background in the old format He was trying to hold the show together. But the other guy looked like he should have been riding his skateboard somewhere (anywhere but the studio), and I have nothing against skateboarders, except that this guy is probably one of them. He couldn't keep from giggling through the entire portion of the show that I tried to stomach my way through (seemed like he was stoned).

Boy, did management screw up on this decision, big time. They lost my viewership, and probably a lot of others as well. I hope they monitor this post, or someone brings it to their attention. One would think that they might be interested in rating and demographics. Who has the wherewithal to buy more of their advertisers products. I guess they think it's the teenagers that might be watching their new games only lineup. Oh well!

I liked it better when it was ZDTV, lot's of internet and computer information. I'm not a gamer, so the channel doesn't appeal to me any more. To be honest, since it's such a niche channel, I wouldn't mind seeing it bumped to AT 180 and replacing it with Hallmark (my wife ought to like that one :) )

TechTV was one of my favorite channels before I got DISH. I only got to see it when I went to someone's house who had DISH or DirecTV since our local cable company didn't carry it. Then, I get DISH and it's all gone. Like everyone else, Screen Savers is the only thing still good. I watched something the other night and it was a couple of girls (who looked like they probably never played a video game in their lives) telling how great Halo 2 will be. It was just painful.

Looks like G4TechTv is after the younger viewers more than anything or adults that like to play games but something's got to give sometime.

Well I guess some of your wishes are answered, because G4 fired Alex (the new host of TSS) and cancelled Unscrewed with Martin Sargent. Apparently TSS is being "revamped", Kevin Rose and Sarah Lane will apparently stay on, but Alex, Dan and Yoshi have been let go. Supposedly they got canned with no warning. Pretty crappy considering they JUST moved down to LA for the job.

I never really liked Alex, sad that he got fired, but he wasnt a good host. I miss Patrick and Leo. The new TSS sucked, typical MTV generation crap. Im 24 and an avid PC gamer, but I want tech too being a network sysadmin for my job. I still watch G4 because theres simply no other channel about computers and gam es so its better than nothing. But G4 really screwed the pooch, watering down the channel and getting rid of good shows or reworking them to crap.

I haven't watched since the switch. I actually only watched the screen savers and the leo chat (whatever it was called show) a couple of times on tech-tv and that was it. I was never a regular viewer.

Zorlac said:
Apparently TSS is being "revamped", Kevin Rose and Sarah Lane will apparently stay on, but Alex, Dan and Yoshi have been let go.

I, too, was an avid TSS fan prior to G4 takeover. I also agree the show has gone down hill.

One side note -- and just my opinion -- Sarah Lane adds very little value to the show. Perhaps her "techie-lite" type of windows tips and useless download of the day type segments don't appeal to the hard-core computer nerd in me. I think she's better suited to the Call For Help type of crowd (I'm sure most of you remember that show).

In any event, TSS is hardly worth watching anymore. :no

So what show is replacing Unscrewed? Thats a surprise to let them go just like that. Who is taking their place? At least Alex got some revenue for the new Dell commercial coming out. Too bad that he had the job only for a short period of time.

Alex was worthless - good riddance. Yoshi was good, sad to see him go.

The only show I still watched was Unscrewed and now that's going away, so 191 is now officially banished from my favorites list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts