Thoughts on the PSP

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Ok I bought the PSP-3000 today. Got to say, I am impressed with the capabilities of this little unit, the last handheld game console I had was the ORIGINAL gameboy!!!!! Its graphically better than the PS2, a few notches below the 3. I bought Final Fantasy Crisis Core for it also, I was a huge FInal Fantasy fan around 7, 8, 9, ect. Didnt finish the last one, life took over:D

Anyway, again, I am enjoying it. Anything you do with it that I might like to know? Tips? Advice?

I have a psp and it's the least used system I have.. basically collects dust.. my best advise is hack it, which seems to be the only reason they sell these things anymore.. barely has any good games.. i would get 5 ds's before getting another psp.. just my opinion..

I have a psp and it's the least used system I have.. basically collects dust.. my best advise is hack it, which seems to be the only reason they sell these things anymore.. barely has any good games.. i would get 5 ds's before getting another psp.. just my opinion..

Yeah I have read that, however, like I said, I am really into the Final Fantasy games. It fits the bill for that. I wasnt really interested in the DS. I have seen it in action. Nice enough I guess if thats what one wants, but its not for me. Honestly, the PSP wasnt for me either until I knew this game came out. I havent kept up with the handhelds for a while, obviously. Thanks for the reply though:up

Want to sell it? If so PM me a price please.

I was going to buy one for movies mainly, while I travel, but i think Ill just use the Iphone for that. If I was a game person, the PSP is pretty cool.

I love how it's able to call back to my PS3 and play most all of the vids off of my network.

And Crisis Core was a lot of fun. Still not beat the last boss though. Pain in the rear.

I found the first thing I dont like about it. I should have gotten the silver one!!!!! The black looks GREAT, but this dang shiny plastic is a smudge magnet!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate having scratches/smudges on new stuff. I know the new will wear off and I wont care anymore, but I am constantly wiping it right now. lol

I love how it's able to call back to my PS3 and play most all of the vids off of my network.

And Crisis Core was a lot of fun. Still not beat the last boss though. Pain in the rear.

I am having more fun with Crisis Core than I have had with a final fantasy in a while. Its one of the better ones IMO. SO far at least. It is like 7 (obviously), but it reminds me of 8 alot also, with some 10 thrown in. Very good if you are into FF.

I wouldn't have purchased one. To me, it was basically a portable PS2 without DVD playback and it didn't have a lot of exclusives to make me interested. Also, to me, portable gaming systems were primarily useful when you were a child and needed something to amuse yourself on the way to and at any place that was away from your more expensive gaming system. Nowadays, unless you travel a lot or you can't stand being around a game/multimedia system, there isn't as much use for one.

I wouldn't have purchased one. To me, it was basically a portable PS2 without DVD playback and it didn't have a lot of exclusives to make me interested. Also, to me, portable gaming systems were primarily useful when you were a child and needed something to amuse yourself on the way to and at any place that was away from your more expensive gaming system. Nowadays, unless you travel a lot or you can't stand being around a game/multimedia system, there isn't as much use for one.

I can understand that point. Thats basically where I was with it also. Still am for the most part, however I havent been able to put it down (life aside) since I got it. Most of that is because of this game, and I am sure that will change later. I havent really searched for other games yet. I doubt I buy any movies for it.

IF there where a way to get the other FF games (PS/PS2 versions on it, I would love that)

System is easily modded look up Pandora battery
Yeah. PSP has mainly survived because of it's easy modding capabilities. I went to someone's house once and a chinese woman had a PSP with her but had no UMD based games. She just had the system loaded with a bunch of NES games on a memory stick and that was more than enough to satisfy the excitement of her grandchild, who lovingly asked my gf at the time while pointing at me, "Is this (thing) yours?"

I didnt think you could load the modified firmware on the new PSPs??
They always "fix" it, and then the modders come up with something to circumvent it in about a month. I'm interested as to what they're going to come up with for their next handheld.

When I first got mine, loved it, but after I played all the games and NOTHING has come out for it, it just collects dust now, I cant even remember the last time I played the sucker...and I dont even know if anything is coming out for it??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)