Thoughts to Ponder:Christmas Edition

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
First off, I want to wish everyone Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. Can you believe 2011 is already over and its 2012?? Lets get this going.

1) Did anybody see The Marinovich Project about Todd Marinovich? It was one of those 30/30 films on ESPN. I thought it was very good. I know Marinovich shouldnt have partied and drank etc. but in some cases I think Marinovich was just releasing some pent up frustration. I think his father made it impossible for him to be a kid and I think he lashed out.

2) With all the football on Christmas Eve, anybody excited about the start of the NBA?

3) Can you believe that the Eagles are technically in the playoff race & if it breaks right,could win the NFC East?:eek:

4) Do you think Carlos Beltran coming to the Cards helps them a little bit. I mean there manager retired and Pujols is gone, so him coming to the Cards, would that be a positive or a negative?

5) How come some of the college coaches that come to the NFL are not very good? Bobby Petrino, Nick Saban to name a few.

6) How come some highly touted college players never make it in the NFL? Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Akili Smith, Ron Dayne etc.

7) If Im the Boston Red Sox, I would move heaven and earth to get Ryan Madson as my closer. He did well in Philly. and with Papelbon gone they need somebody. I mean Bard was a disaster as the closer last year.

8) Well, as a Mets fan I have conceded 2012 already. If this team wins 70 games that would be great. The Marlins, Nats, Braves and Phillies have all gotten better while the Mets havent.

9) What are you guys doing for Christmas?

10) This might be a dumb question but I will ask it anyway. If you had the oppurtunity to go to an NFL game tomorrow, on Christmas Eve would you go considering that it will cut into your family time?

11) Who do you think will be the next NFL coach fired? I think it would be Spags. I hope it is, so he could go back to the Giants as the defensive coordinator.

12) Out of the blue question but do you like your cable company? It seems like Comcast is head and shoulders number 1.

13) Did you guys hear that on Christmas Night at 6pm on NFL Network, they are doing a retrospective about the 1971 Dolphins/Cheifs game on Christmas Day which was the longest game ever. They will be doing interviews with Bob Gresie, Larry Czonka etc. and get this, they will actually show broadcast footage of the game. I cant wait for that!!

6. In college, it's about the name on the front, in the Pro's it's about the name on the Back.

9. Going to my Parents

10. We get together on Christmas day, Christmas eve for football would be GREAT !

12. I haven't used my Cable company since 1991.

1. didnt see it
2. hell no
3. ok
5. because they arent
6. Howe many have though?
8. Twins are the same way
9. Dealing with my drunk relatives...oh boy :rolleyes:
10. If the Vikes were at home hell yeah. More time at the Vikes game equals less time I have to deal with the relatives
11. should be Frazier but Zygi wont fire him
12. whats a cable company?

1 - Sad. But at some point you have to stop blaming your parents and grow up.

2 - Never have been.

5 - College coaching is 90% being a good recruited. The NFL has a draft.

6 - The Pacific Ten is the answer for three of the four. All of the "Luck Heads" should remember that.

8 - The Mets have no excuses. They, and the Dodgers, need to get new ownership.

12 - I told the cable company to come out and rip out their horrid "service" the day after Christmas over 15 years ago. I hate all cable companies. 1-800-DIRECTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)