Thoughts to Ponder-Feb.11, 2014

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
First off, I wanted to say that I'm ok. I might have mentioned this before but my computer shut down last July which is why I havent posted as much. I still go on the internet in the library but I only have so many mins. so its hard to check out the stuff that I missed. I'm trying to get something, either getting my computer fixed, or getting a laptop, tablet or something but $$$ is hard to come by, with bills, mortgages and whatnot. You guys know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I wanted to check in and give you some of my thoughts on certain things.

1) I didnt see the Super Bowl being so lopsided. Manning took a hit as far as being the one of the greatest. You cant lose that bad, no matter who the team is. Your first snap and you cause a safety? That says it all. Congrats to the Seahawks although they could've given the MVP to the entire Defensive line.

2)Did you guys enjoy the Super Bowl commercials? I liked the Radio Shack ad with all the 1980s characters. Any ad that has Hulk Hogan, Sgt. Slaughter and ALF in it, is ok with me.

3)What did you guys think of the SB halftime with Bruno Mars? Didnt watch too much of it because I dont know a lot of his songs.

4)Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training soon. The Mets are already there, I believe.

5)There have been reports that the Mets are interested in Stephen Drew. I hope they land him because we need more than Grandy and Chris Young.

6) Have you heard about NFLNow which is this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...reation-of-nfl-now-personalized-video-service
I guess you can control what you watch for NFL content. Seems like they were piggy backing the WWE Network's idea which debuts on the 24th. Do you think NFL Now and WWE Network are the wave of the future?

7)CBS got the Thursday night package. You know hopefully there wont be any dog games near the end of the year. Thats the risk you take when you add another package of the NFL. You water down the rest of the product.

8)Have you guys watched the Olympics? Tough to follow for me. I mean you dont know the majority of the athletes and by the time you get emotionally invested and into the specific sport, the games are over and you dont really hear from them for another 4 yrs.

9) How are you guys holding up with the cold temperatures? Here in CT., we are getting pounded and going to get some more snow Thursday. Spring cant come soon enough.

10) Have you guys been watching Fox Sports 1 since it was rebranded last August? What do you guys think? Anything you'd change?

Last edited:
First off, I wanted to say that I'm ok. I might have mentioned this before but my computer shut down last July which is why I havent posted as much. I still go on the internet in the library but I only have so many mins. so its hard to check out the stuff that I missed. I'm trying to get something, either getting my computer fixed, or getting a laptop, tablet or something but $$$ is hard to come by, with bills, mortgages and whatnot. You guys know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I wanted to check in and give you some of my thoughts on certain things.

Glad you're okay!

1) I didnt see the Super Bowl being so lopsided. Manning took a hit as far as being the one of the greatest. You cant lose that bad, no matter who the team is. Your first snap and you cause a safety? That says it all. Congrats to the Seahawks although they could've given the MVP to the entire Defensive line.

Seahawks were clearly the #1 team in 2013-14

4)Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training soon. The Mets are already there, I believe.

Red Sox truck left last week, looking forward to their title defense!

5)There have been reports that the Mets are interested in Stephen Drew. I hope they land him because we need more than Grandy and Chris Young.

He would be a good addition. Stephen Drew is a solid ballplayer.

7)CBS got the Thursday night package. You know hopefully there wont be any dog games near the end of the year. Thats the risk you take when you add another package of the NFL. You water down the rest of the product.

IMO, they're in serious danger of watering down their Sunday Ticket product. That brings in big $$$

8)Have you guys watched the Olympics? Tough to follow for me. I mean you dont know the majority of the athletes and by the time you get emotionally invested and into the specific sport, the games are over and you dont really hear from them for another 4 yrs.

There's only a few sports that I follow. Hockey being the biggest one.

9) How are you guys holding up with the cold temperatures? Here in CT., we are getting pounded and going to get some more snow Thursday. Spring cant come soon enough.

I'm 48 years old and IMO, this is the WORST winter I can remember. That's snow AND BRUTALLY cold combined.

10) Have you guys been watching Fox Sports 1 since it was rebranded last August? What do you guys think? Anything you'd change?

I honestly forget that that network even exists.

:)

Thanks for the reply Bill. I'm almost 32 yrs. old and this snow is killing me. I will say what happens if you get a dog game at the end of the year, lets say Texans/Raiders. Can you imagine Simms/Nantz doing that game?

I'm getting incredibly sick of the weather here. Work has sucked because I've had two people on vacation for over a week now. I have one that has cancer has been missing work due to treatments. Another guy has been sick a lot and just had kidney stones. My boy has been sick and I just found out yesterday that he has pneumonia and RSV. Since there is only me and one other guy I can't stay home from work with him and my wife can't miss any more work either. I've had to stay at work with no lunch since we don't have enough people but the overtime is really adding up.

It just seems like things have been piling up and we are falling behind a lot here. I'm just ready for a vacation, luckily I head to Vegas in a month.

I will say that I'm excited for the NFL combine next week and the fact that baseball is starting up. I've also been enjoying college basketball this year with lots of really good games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)