Thoughts to Ponder: NCAA Tournament Edition

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Well, with the NCAA Tournament upon us, I figured I ask a couple of questions and/or comments.

1) Were any of you surprised with the seedings? Any teams you felt got shafted?

2) Call me a traditionalist, but I like the old days of the tourney where you had only CBS and you had to figure out which game was on. Now, obviously its a little different. Not that it means a big deal but what if you did this:

TruTV: has the first four games as they do now but they have an NCAA Pregame and NCAA Postgame show.
TNT: would share the regional semifinals and finals with TBS
CBS and TBS: get the 2nd and 3rd round games with the times that they used to have. You could start a game on CBS at 12:20 and have a game on TBS at 12:30, then have a game start on CBS at 12:40 and the game thats usually out west can start after the TBS game.

I know its not a big deal but I just got used to the old way. I remember watching the tournament in high school.

3) Have you guys ever been to a NCAA Tournament game? If you did, how was it? Would you go again?

4) What does it take to host a NCAA 2nd and 3rd round game? What about a regional final? I remember having 1st and 2nd round games in 1998 in my home state of Connecticut at the XL Center. I didnt go because I was in High School at the time.

5) Do you guys have a sleeper in the tournament?

6) I know you guys have seen a lot of NCAA Tournament games in your life times. Do you have a paticular favorite? I guess mine you be the times Uconn beat Duke. 99 National Championship and the 04 National Semifinal.

7) I have been noticing something. A lot of people dont like the fact that Jim Nantz only called one reg. season game this year, I believe. Does that matter to you? Do you think someone else should be the #1 announcer?

8) Are any of you guys interested in the NIT? CBI? College Insider? Seriously, I got the brackets for all of them!!! Showing that I have no life.

9) Are any of you interested in the Womens Tournament? Baylor does have a chance to go 40-0.

10) Do your bosses have any problems if you watch the games on the computer? Anybody complain?

11) Do you guys have a lot of office pools? I say that because there are people who fill out brackets that dont know that Duke plays in the ACC.

wheeeew thats a lot of questions lol

To answer just a few..

I will watch the Nit just a bit but not much as all the teams I like are in the big dance
There are always surprises in the seedings but this year seems to be pretty decent imho
I for one am glad they expanded the coverage so as a viewer we can look in on any game at anytime although Trutv just seems like a weird place for Ncaa bb
Never been to the Ncaa tourny live,why go when I have the best seat in the house.
Sleeper picks VCU,Vandy,Nc St.

Oh no problems with Nantz.As long as I don't have to listen to Billy Packer or Marv Albert I'm happy:D

Well, with the NCAA Tournament upon us, I figured I ask a couple of questions and/or comments.

1) Were any of you surprised with the seedings? Any teams you felt got shafted? Didn't think anyone really stood out to me about being left out.

2) Call me a traditionalist, but I like the old days of the tourney where you had only CBS and you had to figure out which game was on. Now, obviously its a little different. Not that it means a big deal but what if you did this:

TruTV: has the first four games as they do now but they have an NCAA Pregame and NCAA Postgame show.
TNT: would share the regional semifinals and finals with TBS
CBS and TBS: get the 2nd and 3rd round games with the times that they used to have. You could start a game on CBS at 12:20 and have a game on TBS at 12:30, then have a game start on CBS at 12:40 and the game thats usually out west can start after the TBS game.

I know its not a big deal but I just got used to the old way. I remember watching the tournament in high school. Well, I like it now because MORE people will be able to see games.

3) Have you guys ever been to a NCAA Tournament game? If you did, how was it? Would you go again? Yes, when Syracuse played Duke down(up really as far as location) in Tampa for I think was a East Regional in the round of Sweet 16. They lost.:( But it was definitely fun. I also went a couple of years back when they had it down here in Miami. I am gonna TRY to go next week. I have a business trip in Phoenix and try to catch a sweet 16 game.

5) Do you guys have a sleeper in the tournament? I have Florida State.

6) I know you guys have seen a lot of NCAA Tournament games in your life times. Do you have a paticular favorite? I guess mine you be the times Uconn beat Duke. 99 National Championship and the 04 National Semifinal. 'Cuse over Kansas for the National Championship..of course!:D

7) I have been noticing something. A lot of people dont like the fact that Jim Nantz only called one reg. season game this year, I believe. Does that matter to you? Do you think someone else should be the #1 announcer? He is HORRIBLE in EVERYTHING he announces.

9) Are any of you interested in the Womens Tournament? Baylor does have a chance to go 40-0. NOPE.

10) Do your bosses have any problems if you watch the games on the computer? Anybody complain? LOVE my tablet! :D[/COLOR

There ya go!

Some observations from the tourney. Something I really dont like and its probably just me,is the color scheme they have now. If you look at all the courts, they have that blue and black scheme which I really dont like. I used to like the old way where you can tell the difference of the court by seeing the home courts logos. I also remember reading about how they cover up any and all logos and banners and such of the home team. Thats a bit much. I mean what was the big deal about having the logos and banners up?

Also, maybe its me but have you noticed that the arenas look a little darker than in years past? It seems like the lights over the court as well as a couple of rows with the crowds are lit but if you see a wide shot of the arena, it just seems darker. Could it be that its dark to hide the banners and logos and such or is it because people are not showing up?

You know I think for the East Regionals will be very New York centric with the Izod Center, Barclays Center, Prudential Center and even Nassau Coliseum. If you got the chance to book New York as one of the regionals, why wouldnt you do it? Im rooting for the XL Center or Moeghan Sun Arena to get a something eventually. I think its a very interesting event and it would draw well for people who have never experienced a Tournament regional live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts