Thoughts to Ponder

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
This setup is like "Random Thoughts" that Sabres and Sandra post sometimes. I hope it's ok that I follow this format. You know what they say "When in Rome..."

1)Pinch me, the Giants are the best team in the NFL. Will we have a Parcells like dynasty that we had in the mid 80s/early 90s?

2) Why did it take the Lions so long to fire Millen? What were the signs that he wasn't doing a good job? The lousy drafts? Lousy coaches? The fact he went 31-84? Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

3) Does any Mets salivate like I do in trying to get K-Rod?

4) Will Craig Segar ever dress half way decent? When you see him do you say to yourself "Did he lose a bet".

5) Even if he did lose a bet, by now, judging by what he wears, wouldn't be dead broke by now?

6) Doesn't the New Facebook suck? I mean it's so confusing.

7) When television, especially sports, constantly put up promos and graphics and so-on, do the executives think that we are stupid? Or under the age of 8?

8)Wasn't just me or did I see Berman and Co. up against Costas and Co. last week? If it was, isn't that a great sign if it was?

9) The NBC guys do a good job but can they put anyone else in the studio? How about the cast of "The Office"? When is enough, enough?

10) This might be for just Sabres and Iceberg since they are the only wrestling fans on the site that I've noticed, but do you like that the WWE is PG. I personally like the old days.

11)The Tampa Bay Rays in the 2008 ALCS? Really?

12) Who will be the next coach to be fired in the NFL?

13) What's the over/under that Tony Kornhesier will be let go after this season?

14) Who will be going to the Super Bowl this year?

15) Is it just me or do College Bowl games go on forever. Shouldn't they just end the games on Jan. 1 like they used to?

16) The GMAC Bowl BEFORE the BCS Title Game? Really?

I hope it's ok that I follow this format. You know what they say "When in Rome..."

I don't mind. The more, the merrier.

2) Why did it take the Lions so long to fire Millen?

Either blackmail or incriminating pictures.

Didn't you go through the same thing with Santana last winter?

10) This might be for just Sabres and Iceberg since they are the only wrestling fans on the site that I've noticed, but do you like that the WWE is PG. I personally like the old days.

In the old days, the women weren't as pretty (Ever heard of Christy Hemme?) and didn't get in the ring; also, I feel some guys these days have more personality. Look at Mr. Kennedy................ KENNEDY!

Also, back then, most matches were squash matches as opposed to the entertaining mid-card guys of today.

13) What's the over/under that Tony Kornhesier will be let go after this season?

I think he survives this year. Personally, I'm surprised that he lasted longer than Dennis Miller (Kornheiser at least has a conncetion with sports); that's a miracle in itself.

Glad you've moved on from the Mets' debacle.

IMO, that was not a collapse, BTW- the fact that they even had a chance to make the playoffs after their terrible start under Randolph was remarkable.

BTW, care to add an avatar?

Believe me....with the arm surgery that Mariano have/might have, they Mets will not be the only team in the running.

I too am a HUGE wrestling fan. I don't watch it much because there is only ONE wrestling company that HAS money...but little story lines and talent....and ONE wrestling company that has good story lines and talent but has NO MONEY. I too miss the old days of the WWE/WWF and the WCW/NWA/AWA(pre Ted Turner).:up;)

1)Pinch me, the Giants are the best team in the NFL. Will we have a Parcells like dynasty that we had in the mid 80s/early 90s?

Maybe a mini-dynasty is in the making. IMO, the Pats time may have ended with the Brady injury. Both NE and Indy are getting old. I think the torch of dominance has been passed to the NFC. The Giants have a young defense with a lot of up and coming studs (Jason Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka and Osi Umenyiora). Their offense features a young leader with rich QB bloodlines, a 3-headed monster running back committee, dubbed: "Earth, Wind & Fire", several talented receivers besides Plaxico (Steve Smith, Domenik Hixon, David Tyree and Sinorice Moss). So to answer your question, YES this team is built to succeed now and in the near future.

2) Why did it take the Lions so long to fire Millen? What were the signs that he wasn't doing a good job? The lousy drafts? Lousy coaches? The fact he went 31-84? Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

The Fords have had a history of dragging their feet with critical decisions that effect their business. Not only in football, but also in the auto industry.

4) Will Craig Segar ever dress half way decent? When you see him do you say to yourself "Did he lose a bet".

What you see on TV is not only the half of it. I've seen him in person several times at games and he often wears gaudy snake skin shoes to accompany his zany suits.

It should be Herm Edwards.

Someone from the NFC East. That's the only thing I'm halfway sure about. The AFC on the other hand is wide open. If I had to guess now, it would be either the Steelers or Titans. Both have a stout running game and solid lock down defense.

This setup is like "Random Thoughts" that Sabres and Sandra post sometimes. I hope it's ok that I follow this format. You know what they say "When in Rome..."

7) When television, especially sports, constantly put up promos and graphics and so-on, do the executives think that we are stupid? Or under the age of 8?

11)The Tampa Bay Rays in the 2008 ALCS? Really?

15) Is it just me or do College Bowl games go on forever. Shouldn't they just end the games on Jan. 1 like they used to?

3. I don't know, K-Rod has a lot of moving parts in his delivery. Just seems like the kind of pitcher who will break down. He's not even the best reliever on the Angels right now, Shields is better. I thought he ran out of gas last night, though after pitching 2 2/3 the night before...

11. Amazing story, but it doesn't change the fact that I hate watching games from that stadium.

14. Well at this point last year anyone who would have said the Giants would have been laughed at, so obviously it's anyone's guess.

15. Agreed. Or perhaps just the national championship game should come afterward for dramatic effect. But now way too many games are bleeding past New Years.

Sandra

The Angels aren't going to re-sign him for a reason. I know people hate sabremetrics, but for all the saves he had he really isn't an effictive closer, to many walks and hits. He is not a very good 4-5 out save pitcher. If I were the Mets I would stay away, but I don't think Minya will.

9) The NBC guys do a good job but can they put anyone else in the studio?

Let me know when they get rid of Olbermann and I might tune in.

Football Night in America did they rip off CBC's Hockey Night in Canada?

I used to really be into it, matter of fact the first part of my user name is for my favorite all time wrestler Bret Hart. I am a casual watcher now, and I prefer TNA.

Probably won't be until the off season. I could see Marrenelli, Lewis, Nolan and Crennel all going on December 29th.

Hopefully 100% gone.

:confused:

I'll get back to you after week 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts