Thoughts to Ponder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
1) With the MLB Network starting on Jan. 1 is there any more info. on it? I mean with the exception of a couple of announcers signed there really hasn't been a buzz about it. I think it's going to be on Comcast, so for people who will not get it, I'll let you know how it is.

2) I think the Lions should have there games stay on Thanksgiving. It's not our problem that they've had poor managment. I remember guys like Barry Sanders, Brett Perriman and Herman Moore shining on Thanksgiving when the Lions were half way decent.

3) I was thinking. If it's such a burden for ESPN Classic to show classic games or if it's too expensive, why can't they show classic games from there own network. They have tons of College Basketball, College Football, Hockey, MLB etc. I mean right now they could show classic bowl games since they have a ton of videotape. It sure as hell beats showing Water Polo, Volleyball, Bull Riding or whatever crap they show now.

4) Even though the economy is in shambles, how come networks didn't pony up dough for certain things. For ex., when the BCS contract came up, how come NBC or CBS didn't try to get it. When the NBA contract came up, why didn't NBC try to get it back. I mean people got excited when they heard the NBA on NBC theme.

5) I think Salsadancer said this but I'm not sure. If he did I agree-we should have NFL Doubleheaders every week. What's the big deal. All your doing is adding a game or 2 to the viewer.

6) What are your thoughts about Norte Dame playing on Christmas Eve? What about sports being played on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day? I don't really have a problem with it. After a while, how many times can you watch the same holiday stuff over and over again. I mean the NFL played on Christmas Eve a couple of yrs. ago.

7) Something that kind of irks me about ESPN is that could they stop with all the crap that they show. I mean sometimes ESPN, MTV, Soapnet, Tv Land, Nick at Nite etc. are so consumed about making sure the 18-34 demographic is set they alienate and aggravate everyone else. For ex. I remember when I was growing up in Jan. ESPN, ESPN2 would show Super Bowl Highlights. I love those highlight shows and would watch them all the time. Now they don't even show them anymore. My point is that they'd rather show World Series of Poker, some nascar show, rodeo, bull riding etc. I mean if they wanted to show that why don't they create another channel. It's not like they don't have any. They have about 6.

8) Speaking of ESPN, how about ESPN making more money. Appearently, you have to be an ESPN Insider and pay, I think? 6.95 a month for content like PTI, Around the Horn. I mean you would think you'd get something for free. Do you have to squeeze people out of every cent all the time?

9) Sometimes ESPN, MLB, NBA etc. they are all the same. They always say we signed this contract for this but it's about money which I understand, but they make it sound like they are on poverty road. I mean if you take 20 million or 30 million less contract is that going to be the end of the league or the network?

10) I find it a little weird that the Bills/Dolphins game in Toronto is only going to those audiences. I'm surprised considering the fact they are playing in Canada that it would be more available to people.

11) Did anyone watch the tree lighting ceremony from Rockefeller Center? I mean stalling for an hr. to light a tree. To tell us the holidays are here. I could of told you that back in September when I saw some of the first Christmas stuff in stores?

12) I can't believe the Mets rejected a deal for Jason Marquis. I mean that deal had a chance to get rid of Aaron Heilman. He's been wanting to start forever and he was lousy this year. I would trade him for a box of baseballs .

1) I thought the MLB Network was already determined to be on D* when it goes live ?
2) I Agree
8) I heard ESPN Insider was FREE awhile back, all you have to do is sign up ...
I haven't yet, so I don't know , but that was the rumor about a few months back.

Jimbo

I think awful announcing had it a couple of weeks ago or one of those sites. I would've linked the site if I could.

8) Speaking of ESPN, how about ESPN making more money. Appearently, you have to be an ESPN Insider and pay, I think? 6.95 a month for content like PTI, Around the Horn. I mean you would think you'd get something for free. Do you have to squeeze people out of every cent all the time?

I signed up for an ESPN.com Insider Account 3-4 years ago and it was apx. $15-$20 a year. This gave me a subscription to ESPN The Magazine and access to all of the Insider Online Stuff. My credit card must be on file with them as I still have access. Thanks for the heads up. I need to look into exactly how much I'm being charged now if the fees have indeed gone up that much!

1 - USA Today had an article last week. Esentually, it looks like an all-night, every-night version of ESPN's Baseball Tonight to me, with Thursday night games (most teams travel or play weekday day games on Thursday, so it will have the least impact on local broadcasts. Studio is going to be a minature baseball park looking place.

2 - Lions should play on Thanksgiving. If it rotated, then new fans are going to have to make a decision to go or not go every year to one-eighth of their home games.

3 - Just because an event was on ESPN does not necessarially mean that ESPN owns the "classic" rights. Many sports rebroadcast right, particually after ESPN-C was started and they figured they were worth something, revert to the league.

4 - Because they are smart. Every network corporation has so much to spend, and if the deal is not there, its not there.

5 - Its a huge deal to the networks, who each enjoy (in most markets) an exclusive game in one time slot eight weeks per year. And to DirecTV, which pays over-value for NFLST.

6 - The heavy hand of the illegal BcS cartel is here somewhere. Notre Dame should have been in the Texas Bowl, which is on the NFL Network. Somebody chicken-s**ted AGAIN and made a behind the scenes deal to keep good content from this excluive to those that care channel. If you don't get it, 1-800-DIRECTV.

7 - The next rich guy will be the guy that figures out that there are other people besides the 18-34 demographic and caters to them.

9 - All goes back to when we (everybody but the players) lost the strike.

10 - Agree. It would have been interesting. Odd.

11 - No. With all respect to NYC, its just another tree, not different from the tree in the city center of most any town or state.

6 - The heavy hand of the illegal BcS cartel is here somewhere. Notre Dame should have been in the Texas Bowl, which is on the NFL Network. Somebody chicken-s**ted AGAIN and made a behind the scenes deal to keep good content from this excluive to those that care channel. If you don't get it, 1-800-DIRECTV.

First 50 callers get an "I beat every team in the Big East" shirt!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)