Thoughts to Ponder

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
1) Despite all the sadness and tragedy in baseball recently, are you starting to get excited for the baseball season?

2) With the NFL Draft coming up, is anyone excited about it? What do you think of the start time being 3 pm? Also, what about all the coverage they will show? If you look at awfulannouncing.com they have the assignments.

3) So Yankee Stadium opened and let me tell you living in Connecticut, obviously there was a buzz about it. The only people that were not there was Obama, the Pope and the new Arch Bischop!!!

4) Thank you for the support for my classic sports network idea. I appreciate it and will be adding some stuff if you would like to check it out.

5) Does anybody have a surprise team in baseball right now? Or what I should say is did you have a surprise team going far this year?

6) Did you know that ESPN is starting a Wikipedia like site? MediaPost Publications ESPN Prepares To Launch Sports Information Site 04/17/2009

7) I just signed up for it but what the hell is Twitter? Is it like Facebook and My Space? I just wanted to know.

8) With John Madden retiring, do you think anyone is close to be as good as he is?

9) Gary Sheffield hit his 500th home run against the Brewers. What do you think? Mixed feelings for me. On one hand, congrats on the 500th home run. On the other, he's Gary Sheffield.

10) Is there a favorite to win the NBA Playoffs? Im not the biggest NBA fan but I will check out a game or two.

11) How does the NBA Lottery work? The event with the ping pong balls. How does a team get to be the number 1 team in the lottery.

12) Is anyone getting excited for the spring time? Its been a tough winter and Im sure people want to get outside and enjoy the weather.

13) Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals? Do you think the finals will do some decent ratings?

1) Despite all the sadness and tragedy in baseball recently, are you starting to get excited for the baseball season?

YES

2) With the NFL Draft coming up, is anyone excited about it? What do you think of the start time being 3 pm? Also, what about all the coverage they will show? If you look at awfulannouncing.com they have the assignments.

Excited, NO ... Interested in what happens and who takes who ... Yes

3) So Yankee Stadium opened and let me tell you living in Connecticut, obviously there was a buzz about it. The only people that were not there was Obama, the Pope and the new Arch Bischop!!!

I listened to the first two games, I've now heard enough about it, lets move on.

6) Did you know that ESPN is starting a Wikipedia like site? MediaPost Publications ESPN Prepares To Launch Sports Information Site 04/17/2009

Had not heard this yet ... Hope it's not like Wiki where ANYONE can edit stuff.

8) With John Madden retiring, do you think anyone is close to be as good as he is?

Not sure at the moment, I'd have to think about it.
Some liked him very well, others found him annoying.

9) Gary Sheffield hit his 500th home run against the Brewers. What do you think? Mixed feelings for me. On one hand, congrats on the 500th home run. On the other, he's Gary Sheffield.

I was glad to see him get it, thankfully it's over now.
Normally 500 HR's mean automatic HOF status.
What do you think, Shef a HOF 'er ?
I say NO

11) How does the NBA Lottery work? The event with the ping pong balls. How does a team get to be the number 1 team in the lottery.

I too am not a big NBA fan, or at all really, but I think they take the teams that don't make the playoffs and give them ping pong balls weighted to where they finished, more balls for the worst record, less for the first seed to miss the playoffs and have a lottery drawing from there.

12) Is anyone getting excited for the spring time? Its been a tough winter and Im sure people want to get outside and enjoy the weather.

Spring time was suppose to be starting last month I think, I usually coincide it with the start of baseball season .... Still not coming around fast enough, today however is suppose to be a great day here. :up

13) Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals? Do you think the finals will do some decent ratings?

Red Wings or Sharks will win it all this year.

NHL ratings , what are they :D
The rating will stink this year as you cannot find many of the games or they over lap times.

NHL Network is going to finally show a few games today, during the week I don't think they showed any games, and these are the playoffs.

VS needs to have expanded channels during the playoffs if they want the showcase to themselves ....
Only 1 VS channel, while there's 3 or 4 games going on.
Not acceptable ... I see the games they want me to see, what if I want to see the other games as well ?

VS is Blacked out for your local game, you get to watch it on your FSN, which I find fine, but why are there no OTHER games on the "NHL Network " ?

Jimbo

4) Thank you for the support for my classic sports network idea. I appreciate it and will be adding some stuff if you would like to check it out.

5) Does anybody have a surprise team in baseball right now? Or what I should say is did you have a surprise team going far this year?

7) I just signed up for it but what the hell is Twitter? Is it like Facebook and My Space? I just wanted to know.

10) Is there a favorite to win the NBA Playoffs? Im not the biggest NBA fan but I will check out a game or two.

The lower you are the more balls you get. It's "weighted" towards the worst teams.

YES. Especially on Saturday, I had plenty to be excited for! :D

There's a saying in Cleveland that the Draft is our Superbowl. People in this city get way geeked about a potential draftee providing hope and promise for the future.

Didn't appear that way to me. There were a lot of those big padded $2,600 seats that were empty. Kinda embarrassing the Yankees brass may have overvalued the seats.

I still think the Indians will turn it around. After the first week it didn't look good, but there's signs that just about anyone can take the AL Central this year.

Didn't know that. Cool idea.

I have no idea. I don't Tweet and missed the whole MySpace revolution too. I am on Facebook though and find it a good way to keep in touch with family and friends.

It wasn't that he was "good". I'm sure there are and will be many "better" broadcasters, but Madden just had this blue-collar, average Joe, comforting feel that made him such a pleasure to listen to.

Who cares. I can't stand the guy and he's a disgrace to the game.

All the pundits are basically calling for a Lakers/Cavs Final. That would be an EPIC showdown and as a Cavs fan I'd love to see it. However, I'm taking one game/series at a time, trying to soak in every minute of this magical season and taking nothing for granite.

Lump in all the teams who don't make the playoffs. You get more balls the worse your record is. This allows for the worst team having the highest chance of being awarded the first pick, the second-worst the second-highest chance, and so on. It's really quite an interesting way of determining the draft order.

Oh yes. Winter has been oh so long. I'm very much looking forward to Spring/Summer.

I follow Hockey the least of the 4 major sports, so my opinion is worthless, but I'm gonna say the Bruins over the Wings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)