Thoughts to Ponder

1) Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Anybody traveling anywhere special?
I am going to Cloudcroft, NM. I am going to watch my Aggies beat the hell outta t.u. (Texas), eat turkey sandwiches, and enjoy the mountain air.

2) Do you think that ESPN will lose some bowl games to FX/NBC Sports etc. in the coming years? Ive said on here NBC Sports will be a major player in the coming years.
FX has done a great job with college football this season. I don't know that ESPN will lose bowl games, but they need competition. They've been a joke from a journalistic perspective for over a decade now.

5) Im sure you'll agree but its so hard to find a job these days. Im trying to find one especially for the holidays but nothing. It really makes me mad
mad.gif

My wife is out of work right now. She is a high school English teacher, and her position was eliminated at the end last school year. It's terrible. She is (was) ten times more dedicated to her job than anyone I know. She is the kind of teacher who really changes kids lives. Texas has absolutely gutted spending on education. I wish you the best of luck in finding work.

8) The McRib is gone for now from McDonalds.
frown.gif
Those were some good times.
I won't eat anything from McDonald's except the coffee. I probably don't even want to know what's in that.

13)Do you guys favor classic tv or modern tv? What I mean is do you like shows like Father Knows Best, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Happy Days etc. or more modern shows like Modern Family, NCIS, Two and a half Men etc.?
I've gotten to where I watch almost nothing from the networks. I still watch The Office, although it's nowhere near the show it was early on. I watch Family Guy, some stuff on HBO, and Pawn Stars. Oh, and I watch Bugs Bunny/Looney Toons every night with my three year old before he goes to bed.

I got into Dick Van Dyke a little in college because it was on Nick at Night. The best TV to me was in the 70s and 80s:

MASH
All in the Family
Cheers
Family Ties
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Sanford and Son

14)I would think the NFL would eventually get a team back in Los Angeles. They can play at the LA Coliseum for now.
I thought LA was building a $1 billion+ stadium?!?

Btw, thanks for all the kind words about finding a job. Not going to lie, its rough out there.

In one of my questions, I mentioned if NBC will get baseball back. I wonder if Turner makes another play for baseball? What about Turner being a partner with College Football?

I do, however, think NFL Network needs more programming. Why they dont show classic games is beyond me?
They're gonna show the Dallas/Miami game from Turkey Day 93 (aka the Leon Lett boner game) on Turkey Day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)