Thread List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
Before the outage earlier this week, when viewing a thread and posting a comment, the list would maintain my place in the original sequence of posts.

Now when I post to a thread it sends me to the end of the thread and I have to go back to the thread list to find the next unread post.

If you understand what I am talking about, can you restore that function as it was?

Maybe it is on purpose so you will read the entire thread before responding (thus ensuring that you aren't saying the same thing that has already been said...).

No, that's not what I mean.

Last week if I read the WHOLE thread and posted a comment, the next thread in chronological order was preserved as being NEXT on the line at the bottom of the page just above the Quick Reply box.

Now If I post a comment I am jumped to being on the newest thread in the list and there are no newer threads listed, so I have to go back to the thread list to again find the thread that would have been the next chronologically after the one to which I just posted. (WHEW!)

Satellite Guys was the only forum I habituate that did that, now it is just like all the others - more cumbersome to use.

I've been doing some experimenting, and I have one computer that still holds my place iin the threadlist order even if I post to the thread, another bumps me to the end of the threadlist if I post.

Both are running IE8 (exact same version) on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. Is there some kind of setting on the forum setup for my browser that would make this difference?

I really like it when it does not bump me to the end of the thread list, I wish I could find out what the difference is.

I think I figured it out, "Satellite Guys Classic" look bumps you to the end of the thread list when you post, "New Satellite Guys Look" leaves you at your place in the thread list.

There must be some sort of setting in the forum server for that style that does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts