Three HD Channels being tested on 148?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
9963, 9964, 9965 are the HD 8PSK channels, known as HDTS1, HDTS2, & HDTS3. They were just moved from transponder 20 to transponder 31,
in order to test, running 3 HD channels on 1 8PSK transponder.

This might be the first time Dish has tryed running 3 HD's on 1 8PSK transponder.

jerryez said:
Aren't there any hackers out there that can tell us what the three channels are?

Just go to Lyngsat.com and look up the bird. You don't need to "hack" but it helps to be interested in Free-to Air (FTA) Ku feeds from a bunch of satellites - including E*, EPV, etc.! Personally, I get all the Ku satellites from E*3 west to G10R - and 200+ video feeds, 100+ audio feeds (including the E* audio programs(yes the "red" ones too) -- all free as the audio from E* and EPV is not encrypted. :)

Craig

I don't know why but I was told a few weeks ago by a friend at Echostar that they consider anyone monitoring their data stream for these changes to be hackers.

Of course they consider peoplw who try to upgrade their Hard Drives Hackers as well.

I don't personally consider this stuff hacking, I find this information gives me some energy and excitement. I would hope that we can continue to get this great information.

They are not seeing any video, they are just seeing that HD channels have been added to the data stream. Its like a big text printout

Scott Greczkowski said:
I don't know why but I was told a few weeks ago by a friend at Echostar that they consider anyone monitoring their data stream for these changes to be hackers.

Of course they consider peoplw who try to upgrade their Hard Drives Hackers as well.

I don't personally consider this stuff hacking, I find this information gives me some energy and excitement. I would hope that we can continue to get this great information.

Does that mean that I am a hacker for opening the cover of the $1000 921 box that I OWN!?!?!??!

Tahoerob said:
Does that mean that I am a hacker for opening the cover of the $1000 921 box that I OWN!?!?!??!
Thats what one member was told at CES.

I think the air in Denver is a bit too thin. Its effecting their brains or something. :)

Tahoerob said:

Technically yes :). If you try to change somehting or make it better by altering (HACKING) it, you are a hacker. Is it illegal. Absoslutely not.
Intercepting and decoding their signal is pirating, not hacking. Decrypting it is illegal. I do not believe monitoring it without decrypting is not.

If you want to discuss it with me please contact me off the board . If Not then Shut up !wrkh99@yahoo.com

Why are you warning me ? Wouldn't that have better been done in a PM ?

The Censorship on this board is starting to get me upset .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)