Three Hopper system possible? DIRT input maybe needed.

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
Actually a 2 Hopper system and a single Hopper system.

We just figured out that what we ordered isn't going to work (Install set for tomorrow afternoon). We ordered 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys. But, that's not just for our house. One Hopper and 3 Joeys are for the house and One Hopper and 1 Joey are for our 5th wheel camper (provided the installer thinks that's a go).

We just figured out that one Hopper and 3 Joeys isn't a good idea since there are potentially 4 TVs to service and only 3 tuners. And since I've seen discussions of what can happen when someone wants to record something and watch something else at the same time, potentially more that 4 tuners would be necessary.

So, is it possible to have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys at our house and another Hopper with one Joey at our 5th wheel camper?

Thinking caps are a go. Let me have it!

No 2 Hoppers (6 tuners) per account is the limit. If you need another Hopper your going to need another account. (Sorry I know this is not what you want to hear) :)

wouldnt he need 2 accounts anyway because of the 5th wheel?

or maybe I'm thinking distants requires separate account

The camper should not be a separate account, we won't need to be changing locals. We get the Distant channels through All American Direct and they will suffice for travels beyond our Spot Beam, I think. We don't have the camper on a separate account now.

just make them modify the work order for tailgater 211 flagging. we where told many times this is the only way to get VIP on a hopper account. You will need to buy the 211 and tailgater not sure if they will let you float if you have a kingdome or other preinstall sat system. if your going to have 2 hoppers and 4 joey you will need to deactivate and reactivate a joey for the vip every time you want to go mobile as you at the 6 box max per account

What i do know is your asking for a world of pain if your going hopper on an RV an will have to point your 1000.2/1000.4 every time you move

just make them modify the work order for tailgater 211 flagging. we where told many times this is the only way to get VIP on a hopper account. You will need to buy the 211 and tailgater not sure if they will let you float if you have a kingdome or other preinstall sat system. if your going to have 2 hoppers and 4 joey you will need to deactivate and reactivate a joey for the vip every time you want to go mobile as you at the 6 box max per account

What i do know is your asking for a world of pain if your going hopper on an RV an will have to point your 1000.2/1000.4 every time you move

If I thought for sure we could have the 211k (what we are currently using) and a Hopper system, there would be no issue. We are using a winegard travler, which automatically sets up and locks onto it's own 1000.2 dish. It's totally automatic, it doesn't care a hoot about the sat receiver, just locks onto the satellites.

Dish won't let you keep a 211 active on a Hopper account. Must have a second account for it. It's been stated numerous times.

Dish won't let you keep a 211 active on a Hopper account. Must have a second account for it. It's been stated numerous times.

Yes; That is my understanding. Thus the request for a clarification of Rocket's quote:

"just make them modify the work order for tailgater 211 flagging. we where told many times this is the only way to get VIP on a hopper account."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)