Three satellite systems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
New HDTV arrives on Friday (at least the store promised) I have spent way too many hours on this site with lots of questions that have all been answered, but have one more. (at least for now) and it is long and general.

Does any one run three different satellite system?

Presently I have a C-Band with Denver and East Coast networks on a grandfather waiver. I can only get ABC distant feed with either Dish or Direct. I want to continue with network TV (to keep the significant other happy). So I have to keep the C-Band dish.

I am a Baseball fan and if I don't go with Direct TV then no MLB package, so it seems like Direct TV is necessary.

I also want as much HD as possible so it looks like VOOM.

So three systems seems to be what I need.

Is anyone else doing this succesfully. Or is anyone else doing at least two of the above.

Additionally the various sites claim I can get all but NBC overthe air and VOOM should put up a antenna that will pick them up. The ABC and CBS are not however broadcasting in digital format. Will the Voom antenna pick up analog???

Thanks,

Trouthead said:
Does any one run three different satellite system?

Presently I have a C-Band with Denver and East Coast networks on a grandfather waiver. I can only get ABC distant feed with either Dish or Direct. I want to continue with network TV (to keep the significant other happy). So I have to keep the C-Band dish.

Is anyone else doing this succesfully. Or is anyone else doing at least two of the above.

I'm running Dish for my locals (Minneapolis...minus CBS right now), Bell ExpressVu for most of my programming, DVB Free To air for some extra channels (ethnic and such) and Analog KU Band for sports feeds.

Would you be able to get locals through Dish or Direct?? (although, with the Denver 5 on C-Band, they will give you the best picture)

No locals

I'm in a no local area and only NBC and fox available from the distant source so C-band is really it for networks.

Any problems running that much eguipment with hooking it all up and getting it to work?

Trouthead said:
I'm in a no local area and only NBC and fox available from the distant source so C-band is really it for networks.

Any problems running that much eguipment with hooking it all up and getting it to work?
your only boundaries are how much money you want to spend and how many inputs are available on your tv.

Trouthead said:

You didn't tell us where you live, but you could always "move" your account & get ALL locals from a nearby city. (not in HD, of course, but at least all clear anyway)
Also, FWIW I would imagine that those Denver 5 nets on C1 will be coming down soon, at least as far as their VCII analog signal goes. (They are all already being transmitted as a DCII digital signal cluster on AMC 1) The way C-band customers are dropping every day, down to 388,084 subs, I just can't see Netlink keeping those 5 analog channels up & running for so few subscribers that it now has. (see today's story on C-band subs:)

http://www.skyretailer.com/#Story2...

Now, to answer your main ???:

I have both D* & E*:
-D* for all my primary prog; TC+, HBO & Showtime w/2 D-Tivo units & ALL Chicago locals
-E* for just Denver/NY/LA networks & the Superstation pak
I also have analog cable, which gives me my local channels & backup with my Replay PVR.

Also, get at LEAST 1 DVR unit - the D-Tivo's are now a bargin at $99 & you'll wonder how you ever lived without one. There will be the HD-D-Tivo coming out as well, but at $99, you can probably afford to start out with the SD D-Tivo & get the HD version later.

I do have a C-band dish, but I moved & just have NOT had time to put it back up yet - frankly, I don't have time to watch everything I have now, but eventually I want it back up & running. I plan on getting an MPEGII FTA receiver, as there are many backhaul locals of various networks that can be received with these units on a BUD.

Trouthead said:

no DVR so it makes it interesting

ExpressVu running to 2 VCR's....output of one into Video 2
Dish running to 2 VCR's (one of these has both EVu & Dish)..output to coax
DVB FTA running into a VCR
KU Analog running to another VCR
Both of these running to a av switch 9along with a DVD player), which runs to Video 1

All of this runs to a 32" Sharp TV

If anyone ever wanted to watch anything, they would be so confused they would give up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)