Tiger Woods Everybody! He's Back!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
In just his 3rd event since an 8 month layoff from knee surgery, Tiger Woods comes back from being down by 5 strokes to beat Sean O'Hair on the 18th hole at Bay Hill in the last day of the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

The last birdie putt for the win tied Tiger's largest 1-day comeback of his PGA career.

2 weeks until The Masters. Anyone else pumped?! :eek:

Im glad he's back and has won. The rating increase will be good for the network. I think they would have paid Ohair to take a dive anyway.

I don't know if anyone here has seen him play, I did, a couple of weeks ago....I saw him in the CA Championship down here and he is AMAZING! Lefty had won, and he played even BETTER that weekend....but ALL who play have to see a Tour event once and see these guys play. I do not get anywhere as amazed to the skill of a baseball player as much as I get amazed to the skills of a PGA pro...especially guys in the top 10. And this is coming from a guy who thinks hitting a baseball is the singled most difficutl thing to do in ANY sport.

I don't know if anyone here has seen him play, I did, a couple of weeks ago....I saw him in the CA Championship down here and he is AMAZING! Lefty had won, and he played even BETTER that weekend....but ALL who play have to see a Tour event once and see these guys play. I do not get anywhere as amazed to the skill of a baseball player as much as I get amazed to the skills of a PGA pro...especially guys in the top 10. And this is coming from a guy who thinks hitting a baseball is the singled most difficutl thing to do in ANY sport.

I go to the Bridgestone Invitational every year at Firestone Country Club in Akron, OH. I've also been to Jack Nicklaus' Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio three times.

I usually follow Tiger throughout the tournament and for the more prestigious holes, I try to stay ahead of the "pack" to get a good view. On the 16th, I was in perfect position to see his drive and 2nd shot. As soon as Tiger was approaching the tee, I saw this sea of red shirts approaching. Wouldn't you know it, it was Tiger's family/friends. Then, my wife nudged me and whispered to me, Elin is standing right next to you! I turned my head and practically right on top of me was Tiger's wife Elin! What a beauty btw! I said hi and wished her/him good luck and was on my way.

Tiger went on to win that tournament on the 18th on the final day (Sunday).

it's a privilege to watch tiger play as you did. i'm very excited he's back! i couldn't watch golf without him.:(

it's a privilege to watch tiger play as you did. i'm very excited he's back! i couldn't watch golf without him.:(

Tiger is great for the game of golf and for sports in general. His enthusiasm, athleticism and competitiveness are that of some of the greatest competitors of all time.

BTW, a true testament to how captured the sports world is with Tiger was that during last night's SportsCenter, the lead story was Tiger's comeback at Bay Hill and not the Elite 8 games!

We went to the event. The weather on Sunday was awful in the morning . But it turned out to be a great day.

On a side note some fans of Tiger Woods can be real jerks. It happened again this year. I don't believe it made it on air this year but last year it did. If someone is beating Tiger or even tied with him they yell things after he hits the ball like go in the water or miss . Just awful. It wasn't as bad this year but things were still heard .

Tiger is great for the game of golf and for sports in general. His enthusiasm, athleticism and competitiveness are that of some of the greatest competitors of all time.

BTW, a true testament to how captured the sports world is with Tiger was that during last night's SportsCenter, the lead story was Tiger's comeback at Bay Hill and not the Elite 8 games!

agreed. and add to that his professionalism. :up

We went to the event. The weather on Sunday was awful in the morning . But it turned out to be a great day.

On a side note some fans of Tiger Woods can be real jerks. It happened again this year. I don't believe it made it on air this year but last year it did. If someone is beating Tiger or even tied with him they yell things after he hits the ball like go in the water or miss . Just awful. It wasn't as bad this year but things were still heard .

Try going to a Philadelphia Eagles game and THEN come talk to me....LOL!

There's people without manners and etiquette in every walk of life. Not sure why you're surprised by this unless you don't get out much. :)

I was surprised and disappointed just like the rest of the people at the event. You just don't see it very often here. And don't get out much ? I guess you haven't see my youtube videos.

Last edited:
There's people without manners and etiquette in every walk of life. Not sure why you're surprised by this unless you don't get out much. :)

Bingo! My sister went to the Ryder Cup when it was played in Pittsford, New York...a suburb of Rochester, NY. And she said quite a few of the US fans were quite out of hand, and MORE rowdy than at Buffalo Bills football games.

Because of the popularity of Tiger, it has brought out the "average fan"....and this has brought out the crazies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)