Tiger Woods takes a stab at ticket prices at the new Yankee Stadium..

I sort of agree with Sam about the Yankees tickets. They aren't running a charity. Besides when was the last time the Yankees didn't sell out a game?

They don't sell out - that's the point of this thread.

If Woods makes twice what he made last year next year, great. It just bugs me that a person that is the benficiary of the modern sports system want to play "friend of the little guy" with something that he has no control over.

Yeah, it bugs me too that someone with star power would say anything to help kids. :confused:

My opinion on ticket prices.. If they are too high people will not go. If people go then they are not too high.

If you cant afford it watch the game on tv, or goto a minor league game. If enough people cant afford it and they cant sell tickets prices will drop.

Its absolutely a crime what Yankees are doing.Locking out the average joe who is their best fan.They are trying to cater to the coperate type big whigs who may buy a box or a group of seats and never show up.And when they do bring themselves,they're with clients who never watch the game.They just sit there and talk business and shuffle contract papers between themselves.I've seen it first hand at many stadiums and arenas.This sport is NO longer for the blue collar working man and his family !!!! End of Anti Steinbrenner rant !

Its absolutely a crime what Yankees are doing.Locking out the average joe who is their best fan.They are trying to cater to the coperate type big whigs who may buy a box or a group of seats and never show up.And when they do bring themselves,they're with clients who never watch the game.They just sit there and talk business and shuffle contract papers between themselves.I've seen it first hand at many stadiums and arenas.This sport is NO longer for the blue collar working man and his family !!!! End of Anti Steinbrenner rant !

But this is not a Anti-Yankee thing as much as it is on ALL major professional franchises thing. Yeah, you can go to a minor league game...but you want to see YOUR team....and if MY team is the Florida Marlins....going to watch the Jupiter Hammerheads is not the same. And yes folks, I understand it's a business and the owners are in it to make money....but don't fool/trick/mislead fans by saying you 'still produce the best valube in family entertainment....' because truth be told, you DO specifically cater to corporate America and the well-to-do....

Right. But name the Yankees fan that is satisfied with a .500 team finishing in 3rd place. They're not any. All Yankees fans want Steinbrenner to raid other team's rosters and outspend everyone else. All Yankees fans feel they deserve to win the WS EVERY year because they wear pinstripes. Fine. So be it. You demand excellence it's gonna cost you.

This at&t National, hosted by Tiger is much more than just allowing kids in for free, which is an on-going trend which I commend the PGA for. It's also an event to honor the military, both past and present by allowing them to enjoy the weeks events for no charge.

This Tournament raises money for Tiger Wood's Charitable Foundation which has reached 10 million young people through character development, career exploration and grant making programs.

With the funds raised at the AT&T National, the Tiger Woods Foundation will award over 100 grants to youth organizations in the greater Washington, DC area. (Much more valuable to kids than Yankee Tickets or Free Admission to a Golf Tournament).

And btw, Tiger will collect NO WINNING MONEYS today! All money won will go directly to his Foundation.

How anyone can criticize this extremely charitable Tournament and an extremely charitable Sportsman like Tiger Woods is beyond my comprehension. :rolleyes:

But this is not a Anti-Yankee thing as much as it is on ALL major professional franchises thing. Yeah, you can go to a minor league game...but you want to see YOUR team....and if MY team is the Florida Marlins....going to watch the Jupiter Hammerheads is not the same. And yes folks, I understand it's a business and the owners are in it to make money....but don't fool/trick/mislead fans by saying you 'still produce the best valube in family entertainment....' because truth be told, you DO specifically cater to corporate America and the well-to-do....

If you cant afford the game watch it on tv. When enough people cant afford it then the prices will come down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts